Lead Product Designer - Helios Design System
Senior Designer II (Lead), Design Systems
US or Canada (Remote); #LI-Remote
Meet the Team
As a member of the Design Systems team, you’ll join a group of designers and engineers passionate about building an accessible and widely embraced design system for HashiCorp’s growing portfolio of products and other experiences.
What We Do
We build and support a single source of truth for the design vision, tools, documentation, process, and infrastructure needed to build accessible, differentiated experiences for HashiCorp’s user interfaces across products, platforms, and web.
What You’ll Do
As a Lead Designer working on the Helios Design System, you’ll collaborate with a distributed, global team of designers and engineers to implement and document accessible components and patterns. You’ll work closely with internal users across the company to understand their product’s complex and interesting challenges and provide flexible and elegant solutions to help them meet those needs.
You’ll bring a proven track record of shipping high-quality, enterprise-grade features to the team. Since we work remote-first, you will need to clearly articulate design decisions and your rationale behind them by leaning into your cross-functional written and verbal communication skills.
You’ll also draw on your experience in visual design to further elevate and scale the system.
HashiCorp is largely made up of remote teams. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well, given a high level of independence and autonomy.
Your Roadmap to Success
Your First 30-Days
- New hire onboarding
- Become familiar with HashiCorp’s design tools
- Review the design system’s visual language
- Meet our team of design system ambassadors
- Become familiar with the team’s roadmap and processes
Your First 90-Days
- Collaborate with other designers and engineers to design high-quality, enterprise-grade components and patterns in Figma
- Document design decisions, guidance, and best practices in Markdown for design system consumers
- Deliver and review design work with peers and stakeholders in regular critiques
- Support numerous cross-functional teams looking to use the design system
Your First 180-Days
- Take your understanding of the Helios visual language to define and deliver broad visual design enhancements to the system
- Mentor other designers on the design process and craft skills
- Create and maintain governance processes for the design system
- Lead complex cross-team projects connected to the broader design system vision
Canada, Colorado, California, Washington and New York Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.