Sr. Product Designer - Waypoint
Senior Product Designer - Waypoint
US or Canada (Remote), UK/Germany (Remote); #LI-REMOTE
Meet the Team
As a Senior Product Designer working on Waypoint, you’ll be working with engineers, product managers, and design leadership on delivering our new vision of enabling platform engineers to define golden patterns that are easily consumed by application teams. You’ll also be a part of a growing agile team focused on building developer experiences alongside our Nomad and Vagrant products.
What We Do
Waypoint enables seamless workflows for application creation, operation, and governance to allow organizations to innovate. We are designing tools and infrastructure to help platform teams abstract and share standardized workflow with developers without making them worry about the infrastructure details.
The team is small, works primarily in public, and has an ambitious roadmap to simplify the daily workflows of software developers. That's where you come in: we're looking for a Senior Product Designer for the Waypoint team.
What You’ll Do
As a Senior Product Designer working on Waypoint, you are a passionate designer who thrives in uncertainty and ambiguity, is proactive in solving problems and collaborating with cross-functional partners, and holds a high bar for quality in design.
You'll collaborate tightly with a distributed team of peers to help shape the next version of HashiCorp’s operator and developer experiences. You'll combine research and creativity to provide our technical users with practical and elegant solutions to complex challenges. You will have a focus on execution, customer value, and impact. Together, you will partner on setting priorities, designing workflows, developing features, and shipping world-class products.
Your Roadmap to Success
Your First 30-Days
Learn the ins and outs of HashiCorp Design, become familiar with Waypoint, and start partnering with your engineering and product teams.
This may include:
- New hire onboarding
- Become familiar with HashiCorp’s design tools and processes
- Review existing designs, including familiarizing yourself with our design system
- Installing and running Waypoint, deploying sample applications, and becoming familiar with customer usage scenarios
- Discuss feature roadmap and priorities with the team
- Review existing research and understand the personas
- Run a small user study to learn more about Waypoint users
- Begin delivering small- to medium-sized experiences and prototypes for features on the roadmap
- Review design work with peers and stakeholders
- Start contributing to the shape of the product and its roadmap
- Research and design large-scoped project(s) from the roadmap
- Facilitate workshops to help define and refine solutions to open problem spaces
- Mentor other designers on the design process and craft skills
Canada, Colorado, California, Washington and New York Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.