Sr. Software Engineer - Customer Insights
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications.
We use the Tao of HashiCorp as our guiding principles for product development and operate according to a strong set of company principles for how we interact with each other. We value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
Customer Insights at HashiCorp is a software and data engineering team focusing on the ingestion stage of our data pipelines. We manage data pipelines built in AWS, as well as the APIs and services which collect and ship data through them. Our team’s driving mission is to deliver data and insight into our customers to help them find value in our self-managed products and expand into our cloud offerings. We believe that every question has an answer, and we want to find it.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Work at the intersection of software development and data engineering to solve problems around metrics and telemetry collection and processing.
- Architect, build, extend, and maintain services and systems including APIs, CLI tools, and their supporting libraries.
- Author and maintain documentation across a product lifecycle from RFCs to READMEs and runbooks.
- Be responsible for the full lifecycle of feature development from design through testing, release, and ongoing support.
- Work with stakeholders and collaborators in a variety of roles and technical levels to improve data collection and reliability.
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You are comfortable discussing performance, security, and user interactions in complex systems verbally and in written form.
- You have experience writing and maintaining systems in Go or an equivalent language.
- You have experience working with Docker and containers.
- You have exposure to customer support or OSS community support to help serve the HashiCorp community.
- You are comfortable on the Linux command line and using CLI tools.
- You have experience using source code management tools like Git.
- You have experience working in AWS environments, especially ECS, VPC networking, managed databases, and load balancers.
- You have a willingness and desire to continuously learn.
- You are driven to make iterative improvements as we mature our systems and organization.
About the Application Process
Please note, as communication is a critical aspect of how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate. In your cover letter, describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular.
Canada, Colorado, California, Washington and New York Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.