Sr. Support Engineer - Terraform CLI
As HashiCorp continues to grow its product portfolio and customer base, we are continuously looking for the best talent for our Support Engineering teams. These are our customer-facing teams that provide deep technical support for our Cloud product portfolio - Terraform (CLI), Terraform Cloud, and HashiCorp Platform (HCP).
Beware, these are not call center or service desk roles. The majority of our tickets require deep product expertise and thorough investigation, at times working with Engineering to fix product defects in the code.
Due to the nature of our products, a lot of our customers are IT Experts and Engineers so you can expect to be collaborating with peers to solve interesting issues.
What will you do on a daily basis?
- Triage, troubleshoot and solve incoming support tickets in Zendesk using own knowledge and the product knowledgebase to meet our quality bar and SLAs
- Escalate out of scope tickets to Engineering and other internal teams but own the customer communication until they are resolved
- Handle Sev-1 tickets according to our process
- Contribute to improving the product documentation and support knowledgebase
- Collaborate with Engineering and participate in beta testing for new product features
- Give actionable feedback to improve processes and tools
- Learn from feedback and ticket-based coaching provided to ensure world-class customer experiences
What we expect from you
- At least 2 years of Customer Support, Support Engineering, DevOps Engineering, Software Engineering, or System Administration experience
- Linux usage, support or administration
- Network support or engineering
- Version Control Systems e.g. GitHub
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Self-driven, curious-by-design and eager to learn our products
- Work 8 hours during the Bulgaria business hours (7 am to 7 pm local time)
- Work remotely 4 days and at the office 1 day per week
- Be available for weekend stand-by once every 4-6 weeks (only in case of Sev-1)
What will we offer you?
- 90 days self-paced on-boarding
- Support from a mentor to accelerate your learning
- New hire reimbursement for home office furniture and equipment
- Work MacBook provided
- Growth opportunities into Senior, Lead or Backline roles within the team
- Flexible working hours between 7 am and 7 pm
- Remote first working model with a weekly day at our office at Campus X
- Salary and company shares
- Medical, Life and Disability Insurances
- Monthly Internet Allowance
- Access to Fitness Center in office & MultiSport
Canada, Colorado, California, Washington and New York Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.