People Team Generalist Intern: Compensation (Undergraduate)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
This opportunity will require you to come onsite to our office in San Francisco throughout your internship.
In this role you will learn how to..
- Monitor market and industry trends in Compensation
- Assist in annual submission of salary survey data to survey houses
- Help maintain compensation data, pay ranges, and compensation structure in HRIS system
- Help manage compensation programs, including annual salary focal/merit review, equity planning, and bonus programs
- Help support sales compensation plan rollout and administration as needed
- Conduct individual and team compensation analyses and recommend adjustments as necessary
- Assist in providing Compensation business partner support; direct interaction with HR business partners and the business (Sales, Engineering, etc.)
- Support strategic Compensation initiatives (example: pay equity efforts)
- Participate in broader HR team projects as appropriate
You may be a good fit for our team if you have
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training in the United States
- Academic or some professional experience working in a corporate environment is preferred
- Analytical skills & ability to work with large data sets
- Ability to look beyond numbers, understand contextual information, & identify underlying trends preferred
- Ability to deal with highly sensitive data and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Strong Excel & computational skills
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Are well-organized, excellent work ethic, attention to detail, self-starting, and an ability to learn
- Are creative thinkers who also understand real-world products
- A constant desire to grow, learn, and explore new things
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Canada, Colorado, California, Washington and New York Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.