People Team Generalist Intern: People Operations (Undergraduate)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role
You will be part of the broader People Operations Team and will play a critical role in supporting the employee experience from onboarding through offboarding and everything in between. This is a great opportunity to learn about the backbone of the People Team function and be able to make a daily impact on HashiCorp's employee experience.
This opportunity will require you to come onsite to our office in San Francisco throughout your internship.
In this role you will learn how to...
- Work on cross functional projects to help build processes for various initiatives such as
- Improving the HashiCorp gratitude program
- Identifying a process for tracking of probation periods and working on automating them in our HRIS system
- Identifying other areas for improvement within our processes and proposing solutions for improvement
- Respond to basic employee requests for information and questions using our ticketing system and support them through employee lifecycle events.
- Maintain data integrity in our HCM and other People systems. This includes processing employee changes, onboarding and offboarding.
- Understand the process for completing verification of employment requests and support completion in a timely manner.
- Additional projects as assigned.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training in the United States and returning back to school following the completion of this program
- Academic or some professional experience working in a corporate environment is preferred
- A problem-solver mentality with a focus on customer service
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A process orientation focus
- Strong organization skills
- Prepared to have access to sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- The ability to work collaboratively within and outside the People team to understand priorities and business needs
- A learning mentality; you have an ongoing interest and passion for learning
- Strong desire to make suggestions and take initiative for improvements
Canada, Colorado, California, Washington and New York Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.