Associate Accountant - Order to Cash
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
HashiCorp India Finance Center of Excellence:
HashiCorp has its Finance Centre of Excellence in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India to help HashiCorp’s USA Headquarter and 15+ other countries where we have our legal entities. From India, we are independently handling / supporting multiple processes that include GL Accounting, Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Revenue Accounting, Internal Controls, Payroll,Taxation, Travel Administration, FP&A, Reporting, etc.
About the role:
We are seeking an Associate Accountant for Order to Cash process in our Shared Service Center/ Center of Excellence in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India to support our growing Finance and Accounting organization in San Francisco, CA, USA. This opportunity is ideal for someone who is looking for a broad range of responsibilities within an operating company and wants exposure throughout Order to Cash process and Accounting Cycle within the Company. A successful candidate thrives in a high growth and high energy company.
In this role you can expect to:
- Generate the invoices in the invoicing system and send out the customers.
- Create a vendor profile on customer AP platform, maintain profile and submit invoices through customer platform as required.
- Tracking of bookings/orders received and reconcile invoicing against the same.
- Onboarding of customers on payment portals like Ariba, Coupa etc.
- Review and confirm the correct tax calculation on Invoices and help the tax team in calculating and consolidating Sales Tax/VAT/GST as applicable.
- Tracking of delayed PO cases, ensuring to get those on time and submission of the invoices against the same
- Handle centralized Accounts Receivable help desk and resolve tickets in a timely manner.
- Work on the superseding and negotiated contracts an perform the necessary debookinand rebooking.
- Generate Account Statement and perform reconciliation.
- Email and call clients for collection of invoices
- Generate and analyze AR aging reports and prioritize collections accordingly.
- Maintain and update Customer data in Financial Systems.
- Ensure correct GL code for respective AR entries. Reconciliation of AR subledgers to main Ledger.
- Month end closing activities like generating reports, cut off activities on specific workdays.
- Help the Revenue Accounting team with providing them required information.
- Coordinate with Sales and Sales Support teams and handle queries from internal and external customers.
- Support Finance and Accounting organizations both in India and USA.
- Prepare the accounting manuals based on the guidance received from managers and onshore counterparts.
- Other ad-hoc projects as required.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
● Bachelor’s degree in Commerce/ Accounting or equivalent with at least 2 years of experience in Order to Cash process operations and accounting in a USA
headquartered MNC having shared service center in India.
● Coursework in accounting and finance is recommended.
● Excellent understanding and experience in overall order to cash cycle.
● Very good knowledge and hands on experience in different types of invoicing and payment methods in cash applications.
● Proficient in ERP financial systems (preferably NetSuite) on the Accounts Receivable module.
● Good understanding of general accounting and bookkeeping processes.
● Very high attention to detail.
● Ability to meet tight deadlines, and prioritize competing workloads.
● Should be able to work with flexible working hours. Preferable working hours would be 4pm IST to 01am IST
● Excellent written, and verbal communication skills.
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
● Intermediate experience in MS Office Suite.
● Netsuite is a plus, must have worked on major ERP systems and some experience in other integrated financial tools.
Canada, Colorado, California, Washington and New York Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.