Director, Technical Support - HCP
Director, Support Engineering - HCP
Hybrid - Austin, TX
About the role...
HashiCorp is seeking a Director, Support Engineering. This strategic role will report to the Senior Director of Support, Secure & Cloud.
In this role, the Director, Support Engineering will lead the U.S. team of Support Engineers for the HashiCorp Cloud Platform suite of products, currently including approximately 10 products.
This role will closely collaborate with other HashiCorp Support teams in North America, EMEA and APJ. This is imperative for seamless execution of support workflows globally and 24/7. This team will also collaborate closely with our Cloud SRE team that operates the HashiCorp Cloud Platform and with Engineering.
In this role you can expect to…
Manage the North America HCP Support team in Austin which provides 24/7 support with assistance from our EMEA Sofia team and APJ Delhi team.
- Lead the HCP support teams in the U.S.
- Interface with HCP Product leadership teams in the Secure, Infrastructure, Networking and Applications divisions to provide support input on the products and to be up to date with the latest Product development
- Provide HCP leadership and guidance to the HCP support teams in Sofia, Bulgaria and Delhi, India.
- Develop and improve processes
- Handle critical customer issues
- Participate in 24/7 Sev-1 on-call rotation
- Work on continuously improving team performance, operation, structure, processes and tools ensuring delivery of industry leading enterprise cloud technical support to HCP customers
- Ensure the team contributes to the Knowledge Base leading to case deflection
- Gather feedback from other departments, including our WW Field Operations, Product, and others, to improve the overall customer experience
Recruit, mentor, and inspire an extraordinary team and build and lead a capacity plan
- Build a pipeline of phenomenal candidates and future employees
- Set up training schedules and mentoring opportunities
- Drive performance standards to ensure team is performing at consistently high levels
- Forecast capacity needs and performance against that capacity.
SLA Management and assist with definitions of Support policies
- EOL and Support Lifecycle
- SLA definitions
Own and lead key Processes and CSAT metrics for your team
- Process Ownership for Escalation Management, SLA Compliance, 24/7 handoff, Triage of issues, and overall On-Call process.
Lead cross-functionally to drive customer success
- Provide status and updates to Global Support Leadership
- Continuous Process improvement – Support tools, Support SLAs, Analytics, Reporting.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have...
- 10+ years relevant experience in Support Engineering, Dev/Ops, Cloud Ops
- 5+ years’ experience leading and developing technical support teams
- Must reside in the Austin, TX area
- Experience in enterprise software release processes and 24/7 support processes
- Expertise in supporting SaaS platforms is required.
- Expertise in Open source is a plus
- Experience and participation within the DevOps community and Cloud technologies
- Proficiency with status gathering and reporting for a large customer base
- Comfortable multi-tasking and juggling competing and changing priorities in a fast-paced, ever-evolving company environment
- Inspirational leader who can motivate teams to achieve and exceed goals
- Proficiency in understanding concepts and technologies in DevOps, Multi-Cloud operations, security, microservices, containers, and scheduling platforms.
- Proficiency and/or knowledge of existing HashiCorp tools such as Terraform, Vault is a plus as well as knowledge of DevOps tooling
- Knowledge of AWS or Azure is a major advantage
- Experience with implementing software products or solutions to key enterprise companies
- Ability to work well in a highly dynamic and team environment that focuses on providing above industry standard customer support
- Travel as needed - up to 25%
- B.S. degree in an engineering or similar program from an accredited college / university preferred
- Able to come into the Austin office 1-2 times a week
Canada, Colorado, California, Washington and New York Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.