Sr. Manager - Support Engineering (Melbourne)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
About the Role
HashiCorp is seeking a Senior Manager, Support Engineering for our Vault Support Engineering team based in Melbourne, Victoria. In this role you will help manage a fast growing team, who provides Enterprise level support for the Vault product. This team is responsible for handling all customer reported issues, and following these issues through resolution, ensuring the customer is satisfied and has a stable system working.
*We are looking for candidates in Melbourne, Victoria. Hybrid role*
In this role, you can expect to:
- Identify, hire, develop and promote a top Tier team of Sr Technical Support Engineers.
- Maintain and constantly improve operational processes and procedures, ensuring delivery of industry leading Technical Support
- Build a best in class technical assistance center, defining KPI’s and reporting on effectiveness and progress
- Leverage and empower a team of Subject Matter Experts to conduct new hire training, existing employee re-training, advanced skills training, and the training involved in continuous improvement.
- Track and document customer support issues, guaranteeing they meet documented SLAs
- Ensure customer feedback reaches the correct teams within HashiCorp
- Methodically lead customer escalations from your direct reports
- Build and lead a team: Drive all performance standards, facilitate trainings and mentorship opportunities, and provide feedback as needed
- Work with Customer Success during the sales cycle, and guarantee hand-offs occur easily, ensuring that Support Engineering is fully prepared, and that new and large customers requiring special needs are handled with care.
- Own and track important metrics, including Service Level Agreements (SLA), Current Support Load, and Customer Satisfaction
- Provide status and updates to Director, Support Engineering
- Gather feedback from other departments, including Sales, Success, Product, and others, to improve the overall customer experience
- Continuous process improvements – support engineering tools, process, on-call rotations, team structure, etc.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- 10+ years relevant experience in Support Engineering, Customer Success, or Customer Satisfaction.
- 8+ years’ minimum experience leading a team of Support Engineers
- Experience and participation within the DevOps community
- Proficiency in understanding concepts and technologies in DevOps, IT operations, security, cloud, microservices, containers, and scheduling platforms
- Experience in enterprise software release and support processes
- Expertise in open source and SaaS is a major advantage
- Superior communication skills (verbal and written) and well-developed presentation skills
- Proficiency with status gathering and reporting for a large customer base
- Comfortable multi-tasking and juggling competing priorities in a fast-paced, ever-evolving, startup environment
- Inspirational leader who can motivate teams to achieve and exceed goals
- Proficiency and/or knowledge of existing HashiCorp tools such as Vagrant, Terraform, Consul, Nomad, Vault is a plus
- Experience with implementing software products or solutions to large and dynamic enterprise companies
- Ability to work well in a highly dynamic and team environment that focuses on providing above industry standard customer service
- B.S. degree in an engineering or similar program from an accredited college/university preferred or equivalent experience
Canada, Colorado, California, Washington and New York Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.