Sr. Manager, Engineering - Vault Workflows
About the Role
Vault is a HashiCorp security product that helps customers manage the lifecycle of their secrets. It is a deeply technical product with a focus on accuracy and reliability given the sensitive nature of data that it manages. Its users are operators of platforms, developers of applications, and security admins. Vault is available both as a self-managed product and as a cloud offering.
Vault Workflows is a group of teams within the Vault product line. We are passionate about delivering user-centric workflows for both our cloud offerings and self-managed deployment of Vault. We place a heavy emphasis on building products that address customer pain points, collecting data on adoption of features, and continually iterating on quantitative and qualitative feedback. This group plays a central role in the definition of our user experience, HashiCorp’s “workflows, not technologies” design principle, and our evolution of Vault as a secrets manager. The group is a mix of well-established teams and new initiatives.
As a Senior Manager within Vault Workflows, you will be responsible for leading product delivery teams to deliver on strategic initiatives. You will partner with senior leadership to shape the long term roadmap, work across organizations to drive cross-team alignment, and build systems to scale in line with user growth. You will be leading teams that consist of talented engineers with both backend and frontend expertise, whose growth and development you will be responsible for.
The teams that you will be responsible for will tackle a range of responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain end-to-end Vault workflows
- Center problem solving around end user experiences
- Design and implement a data strategy that enables deeper understanding of how users use our products
- Operate SaaS offerings that meet our customers’ scalability and reliability needs.
- Drive innovation and evolve the architecture of widely adopted product offerings
In this role, you can expect to...
- Take ownership for the overall delivery of your teams and establish feedback loops that facilitate continuous improvement
- Establish operational objectives, procedures, and work plans and delegate assignments to direct reports.
- Collaborate with product management to align on product strategy and translate that to engineering roadmap
- Collaborate with design partners to build products with delightful and valuable user experiences
- Translate vision to execution for key initiatives in partnership with senior leadership
- Play a mix of roles, including management and mentoring, hiring, long term planning, product management partnership, and technical contribution and guidance
To be successful in this role, you will have…
- 12+ years of software engineering experience
- 4+ years in a formal people management role
- Have been responsible for SaaS offerings for enterprise customers
- Have experience with product led growth (PLG) initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross functionally
- Developed engineering talent through career growth and performance management including senior and staff engineers
- Have navigated cross-org relationships and have experience aligning priorities
- Have engaged with senior leadership to define strategy and help drive clarity
- Been a keen student of the art of leadership and management
Optional experience that may help this team might include...
- You have operated high scale SaaS offerings
- You have built products for technical users
- You have experience with infrastructure-as-a-service
- You are familiar with secrets management lifecycles
- You have expertise in one or more of the major public clouds: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross functionally in remote, globally distributed team
Canada, Colorado, California, Washington and New York Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.