Sr. Solutions Engineer
About the role...
As a Solutions Engineer at HashiCorp, you will work across the entire customer journey supporting pipeline creation, technical win, onboarding, consumption and renewal. In collaboration with one or more sales executives, you'll provide technical expertise breaking complex topics into business value around Cloud, Security & DevOps solutions.
In this role you can expect to...
- Serve as trusted advisor to aligned accounts, technical teams and business partners during the pre-sales and post sales cycles
- Exhibit strong communication skills and the ability to influence decisions through effective presentations, demos, technical engagements, and workshops
- Understand the customer’s journey from their current state to their future state by designing a technical and business-focused solution to drive adoption and growth after the initial sale and across the portfolio
- Prove business value of HashiCorp products in solving the customer’s business problems and driving their return on investment
- Regularly contribute to post sales activities such as customer QBRs, cadence calls, hold customer office hours, supervise usage, and deliver roadmap sessions with limited support
- Seek to drive expansion in current product lines as well as adoption of additional product lines
- Partner with multi-functional teams such as Solutions Architecture Specialists, Customer Success Managers, Product Management and Engineering drive success across the customer journey
- Provide authoritative mentorship on DevOps concepts with strong skills in infrastructure architecture, cloud, IT operations, security, and development technologies and processes
- Establish and maintain a deep understanding of the overall HashiCorp technology portfolio and the competitive landscape
You may be a good fit for our team if you have...
- 5+ years technical pre-sales / Sales Engineering experience or equivalent experience - practitioners are appreciated as well
- Proficiency in understanding concepts and technologies in DevOps, IT operations, security, cloud, microservices, containers, and scheduling platforms
- Knowledge and experience with existing HashiCorp tools such as Vagrant, Packer, Terraform, Consul, Nomad, Vault and others
- Experience with implementing software products or solutions to large and dynamic enterprise companies
- Experience working well in a highly dynamic / team environment that focuses on providing above industry standard customer service
- Ability to travel as needed. Domestic and occasional international travel required and varies by team (~20-40%)
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to establishing a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Canada, Colorado, California, Washington and New York Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.