Vice President, Business Planning
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
About the role...
HashiCorp is seeking a Vice President, Business Planning and Pricing and Packaging, reporting into the Head of Product Marketing. They will lead a team responsible for long and short range planning, pricing and packaging strategy and execution. This leader is expected to drive a scalable process to explore future-market offerings, deliver on coming-to-marketing offerings, and inspect performance of in-market offerings.
- Strategy for pricing, packaging, programs — Understand pricing and packaging, continuously collect and curate feedback/data to analyze effectiveness of pricing and packaging, identify solutions and assign resources to close gaps in pricing and packaging effectiveness.
- Scalable pricing and packaging processes — Proactively identify and evaluate strategic, operational opportunities to collaborate with key leaders and stakeholders across HashiCorp
- Data-driven inspection of pricing and packaging performance — Develop inspection and analysis of pricing performance, including models and support potential strategic opportunities (e.g. new business models, geographic expansion, category white space)
- Go-To-Market execution. Cultivate a team that effectively collaborates with teams across the organization to execute against business planning priorities
- Influence and leadership — Demonstrate effective communications to influence leaders across the organization and align teams on vision/plan/execution. Clear and concise communication of pricing and packaging strategy to communicate key recommendations to senior level executives.
- Team leadership, coaching, and mentorship — Recruit, inspire and develop a diverse high performing, collaborative team that can engage broadly across the organization to develop strategic priorities and initiatives.
- Market analysis — Continuously research and analyze market, competitors, and key trends and evaluate pricing and packaging strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats and incorporate back into the planning, programs, and execution.
- Inspire innovation and creative thinking — Create a workplace environment that encourages collaboration and bringing forward the best ideas and solutions.
Essential Skills & Qualifications—
- 10+ years of professional experience in product marketing, product management, or business planning for a multi-product software company
- Strong foundation of first principles in pricing and packaging approaches, trade offs, and scalable delivery
- Demonstrated experience leading teams successfully
- Strong broad based business acumen with ability to identify and plan for long term strategic growth, while delivering on nearer term revenue targets
- Big picture thinker with innate curiosity to explore the unknown and challenge the status quo; provide structure and direction when it doesn’t exist
- Proven experience building cross-team collaboration at all levels across an organization to drive towards strategic business outcomes
- Strong strategic, critical thinking and modeling skills, with an ability to solve complex problems (prioritization, critical thinking, hypothesis creation, etc.)
- Proven strong data and competitive analysis skills, with the ability to transform findings into easy to understand visual narratives that clearly articulate strategy, drive new initiatives, or communicate value propositions and tangible next steps to stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to think pragmatically, theoretically, and drive execution of concepts
- Proven ability to be resourceful, decisive, confident under pressure, and comfortable working in a fast paced, growth-oriented, environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills and executive presence; strong storytelling abilities
- Tenacious leader with unwavering integrity and the ability to influence without authority
HashiCorp celebrates diversity and welcomes equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Canada, Colorado, California, Washington and New York Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.