About the role
We are seeking a detail oriented Payroll Accountant to join our dynamic Finance and Accounting team. In this role, you will play a pivotal part in supporting our expanding organization, payroll operations across all US States and international countries such as Canada and Costa Rica. This opportunity is ideal for someone who has a strong foundation in US payroll across multiple tax jurisdictions and is eager to further develop and broaden their expertise in Payroll.
A successful candidate thrives in a high growth and high energy company.
In this role you can expect to:
- Perform daily payroll department operations, including maintaining employee documents and corresponding with payroll providers (US and non-US)
- Process US and Canada through ADP Workforce Now Payroll System
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed timely and accurately
- Partner with the Accounting team to post payroll journal entries
- Assist with reconciliation questions of payroll transmission to the general ledger
- Process manual checks
- Understand proper taxation of fringe benefits
- Strong knowledge of Federal, State and local payroll withholdings
- Process sales commissions and other supplemental payments
- Partner with HR on projects and day to day operations
- Maintain ADP Time & Attendance
- Coordinate Leave of Absence payments with third party vendor
- Respond to employees and internal teams regarding payroll inquiries, including and not limited to LOAs, 401k issues, garnishments, employment verifications, pay details, vacation accruals, ESPP and tax withholdings.
- Process equity transactions including RSU releases, ESPP contributions, ISO exercises, and non-qualified stock options.
- We are expanding to other countries! With the help of Advisors, this role will have opportunities to set up payroll in other countries.
- Software implementations and automations
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business related concentration
- Very high attention to detail
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, and prioritize competing workloads
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills
- Able to respond to payroll inquiries with professionalism, kindness and empathy.
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- 5+ years of processing multi-state payroll
- Experience in ADP Workforce Now, ADP Reporting and GL Interface a plus
- Workday Experience a plus
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Intermediate experience in MS Office Suite, and G Suite
- Global payroll a plus
- NetSuite a plus
Canada, Colorado, California, Washington and New York Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.