Support Engineer - Cloud Products
As HashiCorp continues to grow its product portfolio and customer base, we are looking for the best talent for our Support Engineering organisation! These are our customer-facing teams that provide deep technical support for our Cloud product portfolio – Terraform (CLI), Terraform Cloud, and HashiCorp Platform (HCP).
Beware, these are not call-center or service desk roles. The majority of our tickets require product expertise and thorough investigation, at times working with Engineering to fix product defects in the code.
Due to the nature of our products, most of our customers are IT Experts and Engineers, so you can expect to be collaborating with industry peers to tackle interesting issues!
What you will do on a daily basis
- Triage, troubleshoot and solve incoming support tickets in Zendesk using own knowledge and the product knowledge-base (KB) to meet our quality bar and SLAs
- Escalate out of scope tickets to Engineering and other internal teams but own the customer communication until they are resolved
- Handle Sev-1 tickets according to our process
- Contribute to improving the product documentation and support knowledge-base
- Collaborate with Engineering and participate in beta testing for new product features
- Give concrete feedback to improve processes and tools
- Learn from feedback and ticket-based mentoring provided to ensure world-class customer experiences
- Knowledge Sharing - including Documentation, KB articles and mentoring of new joiners
What we expect
- At least 2 years of Customer Support, Support Engineering, Network Engineering, DevOps Engineering, Software Engineering, or System Administration experience
- Confident with Linux usage, support and administration
- Version Control Systems e.g. GitHub
- Knowledge and understanding of REST API
- Experience with a Programming Language (GoLang, Python or similar)
- Command Line skills ( Windows / Linux )
- Basic knowledge in SQL & relational data bases
- Basic networking skills e.g. CCNA certified
- Basic knowledge and experience with logging/monitoring systems - ELK stack, Grafana/Prometheus/DataDog etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Self-driven, curious-by-design and eager to learn our products
- Work 8 hours during the Bulgaria business hours (7 am to 7 pm local time)
- Work remotely 4 days and at the office 1 day per week
- Be available for weekend stand-by once every 4-6 weeks (only in case of Sev-1)
What we offer
- 90 days self-paced on-boarding
- Support from a mentor to accelerate your learning
- New hire reimbursement for home office furniture and equipment
- Work MacBook provided
- Growth opportunities into Lead roles within the team, possibly also backline support roles
- Flexible working hours between 7 am and 7 pm
- Remote first working model
- Salary and company shares
- Medical, Life and Disability Insurances
- Monthly Internet Allowance
Canada, Colorado, California, Washington and New York Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.