Sr. Pricing and Business Planning Manager - Security
About the Role
HashiCorp is seeking a Pricing and Business Planning Manager under the Product Marketing function. You will lead the development of pricing, packaging, licensing, and strategies for monetization and commercialization, specifically focusing on our Security products. You will partner with the product team to make decisions around product growth strategy and pricing strategy. You will pressure test pricing proposals to ensure pricing structure consistency and implement-ability. You will also support a range of business strategic or revenue growth initiatives that address key challenges and opportunities as identified proactively by the Business Planning team or the executive leadership!
In this role you can expect to:
- Build pricing and packaging architecture across customer segments for our security product line across self-managed and cloud products.
- Work with finance, product management, engineering teams to build and evaluate financial models
- Data driven and highly analytical approach to measure product sales, pricing, discounts and business metrics to reflect performance and plan to shape business and growth strategy
- Drive comprehensive market research using both primary/secondary data to support segmentation, packaging, pricing, positioning, business value decisions
- Support the sales teams with strategic deal structuring, pricing-related issues, and approvals framework for deal exceptions
- Analyze competitive intelligence, industry trend, market position, market share, and growth rates to shape business strategy
- Work closely with the revenue marketing team to define market segmentation and develop GTM campaigns to drive adoption and growth for pay-as-you-go customers.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- 5-8 years in infrastructure/high-tech business-to-business (B2B) pricing or business planning functions
- Strong bias for action - ability to take a project from idea to execution
- Strong analytical skills to analyze and synthesize large volumes of data and deal with complex uncertain scenarios
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills, comfortable presenting in front of internal and external audiences
- Good understanding of end-to-end operational workflows and ability to partner with Finance, Legal, Revenue, IT, Sales and Operations for driving implementation
- Experience with Cloud/IT Security technology preferred
- Experience with SaaS pricing preferred
- Management consulting experience in Tech sector preferred
Canada, Colorado, California, Washington and New York Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.