Professional Services Sales Consultant
UK or Madrid
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role...
The Professional Services Sales Consultant is responsible for supporting our sales teams in pursuing opportunities where professional services enhance our customers' experience. These services include HashiCorp Implementation Services, Advisory Services and Training and Education. The target market consists of new and existing HashiCorp customers in the following stages of cloud transformation:
- “Day 0” - Deployment of HashiCorp technologies foundational use cases.
- “Day 1” - Enabling organizations to expand beyond adoption into standardizing the technologies across various organizations
- “Day 2” - Accelerating capabilities at scale
The Professional Services Sales Consultant will be a self-starter constantly looking for ways to ensure our sales teams and customers can maximize the HashiCorp services portfolio. Our thesis is that customers gain the maximum value from their software investment if they leverage the right services in their right maturity stage - HashiCorp or Partner services.
Key success criteria for this role:
- Clear understanding of the HashiCorp product and services portfolio
- Be a subject matter expert on which offers are needed and where applicable
- Sales mentality is required. Must be able to manage a bookings pipeline of existing opportunities by working with sales teams - prospecting (Presentations, Q&As, SOW discussions)
- Hunter mentality is a must. Must be able to analyze an overall pipeline and highlight opportunities for incremental services that would benefit the customers' success.
- Sales Operations Discipline. Predictability on multiple opportunities through sequential stages of sales process: initial prospect meeting, request for proposal data gathering, benefits comparison, proposal presentation, and close
- Evangelism. Lead and educate during all stages of a sales cycle to understand the customer’s business and technical objectives to attach appropriate HashiCorp services programs. Provide guidance to the Sales Engineering team for the most relevant services to attach with both project work and customer education
- Customer Success. Facilitate the transition, post engagement, from the Professional Services Team to Customer Success. Work collaboratively with the respective Professional Services leaders for resource planning to ensure successful knowledge transfer and onboarding of new customers
- This role will have a base salary and variable compensation component. The variable component shall be paid on profitability and bookings linearity.
- 3-5 years of business development and/or professional services experience
- Business maturity and critical thinking
- Must be polished and comfortable in a customer facing role
- Welcome prior experience with HashiCorp tooling applications of Vault, Terraform, Consul, Nomad
- Ability to travel, as needed, up to 10% of the time
- BS degree or equivalent is a plus
- Remote Worker Office 95% of the time
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Canada, Colorado, California, Washington and New York Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.