Sr. Product Marketing Manager - Boundary
About the role
Are you a product marketer looking to make a big impact at a high-growth company? Do you see how the cloud is redefining how the world’s largest enterprises think about their infrastructure and want to be a part of it? Do you want to own the go-to-market efforts around a set of products that are adopted by millions of open source users, and work to expand that footprint into every corner of the Global 2000?
We are looking for a Sr. Product Marketing Manager focused on HashiCorp Boundary for secure remote access! Boundary is a newer HashiCorp product that helps organizations securely authenticate user access to a dynamic cloud infrastructure. We’re looking for an individual with technical expertise in cloud developer products that has experience launching net new products to the market. You will partner closely with product, marketing, and field sales teams to align on the right messaging, sales plays, and product feature set to drive commercial success for Boundary.
In this role you can expect to deliver
- Product positioning and messaging — Develop and iterate positioning and messaging anchored on the differentiation of Boundary in the market.
- Sales plays — Build targeted plays based on common use cases and collaborate with the sales team to identify prospects and drive pipeline.
- Content creation — Use your domain knowledge, technical expertise, and understanding of our target personas to create specific content to help customers learn about, select, and be advocates for Boundary.
- Sales enablement — Build and maintain content to educate the field sales team on product capabilities that support the product use case.
- Market and competitive intelligence — Build expertise on our buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; understand the market landscape and how to competitively position the product. Serve as the voice of the customer to the internal product-focused teams to reinforce solving customer challenges.
- Cross-team collaboration — Work with the product, engineering, sales engineering (SE), and marketing teams to prioritize top use cases, campaigns, and promotional material.
- Pricing and packaging — Influence the pricing strategy, including packaging, price point, and bundling with other products to drive adoption and revenue.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have...
- 4-5 years of software product marketing experience with at least 2-3 years of experience in a technical or field-facing role related to cloud, infrastructure, IT operations or networking.
- Technical subject matter expert in cloud infrastructure, with a strong understanding of the impact of cloud, distributed systems, core infrastructure, and DevOps approaches
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deep customer focus and curiosity
- Self-starter with the ability to analyze ambiguous situations, develop a plan, execute and iterate
- Experienced in collaborating with core marketing functions
- Experience with enterprise open source software offerings and experience bringing them to market
- Bachelor’s degree
- Some travel required
Canada, Colorado, California, Washington and New York Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.