Sr. Compensation Manager
About the Role:
The HashiCorp Compensation team is in the search for an experienced Sr. Compensation Manager to join our growing global compensation team. This role will be an individual contributor reporting into the Director of Global Compensation and join a team of three Compensation Analysts. We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast paced and dynamic environment and possesses excellent cross-functional partnership skills, expert analytical capabilities, and the ability to look beyond the numbers.
An ideal individual will be able to quickly learn the business and be able to balance both number details and strategic work, while helping us grow and evolve our global compensation philosophy. You will be responsible for supporting the application and implementation of the compensation philosophy, job evaluation and related processes to the business while supervising market and industry trends in compensation!
In this role you can expect to...
- Support the application and implementation of our global compensation philosophy, job evaluation, and processes to the business in the region
- Monitor market and industry trends in Compensation
- Manage the annual submission of salary survey data to survey houses
- Review and refresh pay ranges in multiple countries and functions
- Maintain compensation data, pay ranges, and compensation structure in HRIS system
- Lead all aspects of semi-annual compensation review cycles, including budgeting and planning cycles for global cash, bonus, and equity awards
- Own and support on-call allowances policies and processes
- Help support sales compensation plan rollout and administration as needed
- Conduct individual and team compensation analyses using internal and external market data and provide recommendations as necessary
- Mentor more junior team members, help them develop in their own careers and learn best practices
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners and business leadership (Go to Market, etc.) to drive organizational alignment with compensation philosophy and supporting overall talent management strategies.
- Own the development and enablement of compensation structure and philosophy to broader HR team and managers
- Support strategic Compensation initiatives (example: pay equity efforts)
- Participate in broader HR team projects as appropriate
You may be a good fit for our team if you have...
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree
- Expert ability to deliver compensation related training and development to the organization
- Experience program managing annual budgeting and planning for compensation, bonus, and merit programs
- Experience directly interacting/supporting senior business leaders
- Experience working with Radford and Comptryx data sets
- Experience working with Pave is beneficial
- Experience with Workday is preferred but not required
- Analytical skills & ability to work with large data sets
- Ability to look beyond numbers, understand contextual information, & identify underlying trends
- Strong Excel/Google Sheet & computational skills - Experience with Google Sheets strongly preferred
- Superb organization skills, special attention to detail, results driven
- Ability to deal with highly sensitive data and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Comfortable working in a fast pace, ambiguous environment
Canada, Colorado, California, Washington and New York Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.
- Pay Transparency Calculator: https://bit.ly/3B7gwql
- Benefits: https://www.hashicorp.com/careers/benefits
- Intern Ranges: https://bit.ly/3H2soha