Sr. Infrastructure Engineer II, Platform Engineering - Terraform Cloud
About The Team
The Terraform Platform Engineering group is composed of Site Reliability Engineers and distributed systems engineers working on the Terraform Cloud hosted service. Our group ensures the platform’s underlying infrastructure, data stores, and core foundational services are reliable, performant, and robust. We work closely with the engineering teams that ship features for both Terraform Cloud and the Terraform Enterprise on-premise product.
As our group expands, we’re seeking more Site Reliability Engineers to join our Infrastructure team.Our infrastructure is hosted on AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, ECS) with backing data stores like PostgreSQL. We leverage the HashiStack suite (Terraform, Consul, Nomad, Vault, Packer) and in-house tooling written in Go. Our team is responsible for ensuring our underlying infrastructure is stable, reliable, and ready for production workloads. In addition to building and maintaining a secure and scalable infrastructure platform, the team also fosters operational maturity efforts in conjunction with the application-focused SREs working on Terraform Cloud.
If this sounds interesting, we’d love to meet you! We have a large footprint and a quickly growing user base, with many interesting problems and opportunities for growth and development.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Design, implement, and maintain a secure and scalable infrastructure platform for Terraform Cloud
- Own and ensure the internal and external SLA’s meet and exceed expectations
- Create tools for automating deployment, monitoring, and operations of the platform
- Troubleshoot production incidents that often span across multiple teams, services, and codebases
- Provide ongoing maintenance and support of internal tools to improve system health and reliability
- Participate in an on-call rotation that supports our production infrastructure
You’re a great addition if you have:
- Familiarity with infrastructure management and operations lifecycle concepts
- Experience building and supporting the production infrastructure for a large-scale SaaS application
- Working knowledge of industry best practices concerning information security
- Prior exposure to building and operating a large-scale cloud-based infrastructure
- Experience using Terraform to manage cloud infrastructure (or equivalent Infrastructure as Code tools)
- Large-scale production experience with the HashiStack suite (Nomad, Consul, Vault, Packer, etc.)
- Comfort with Go or another low-level programming language
At HashiCorp, we are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are uncertain about applying, we encourage you to apply anyway. We’d love to hear from you!
We operate according to a strong set of company principles described in The Tao of HashiCorp. We’ve had a remote-first culture from the beginning. Our entire company, processes, and tools have been designed around this to ensure everyone is able to be successful from wherever they work. Learn more about how we work together.
We are dedicated to supporting the needs of our employees and their families in a way that is inclusive of all family structures. We’ve an extensive and generous list of benefits (which vary by country) to cover things such as parental leave, mental health days and assistance, medical insurance, and more.
Colorado, California, Washington, New York, and British Columbia Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Intern Ranges below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below.