Sr. Technical Product Marketing Manager
About the role
Do you enjoy technology and making it more understandable and consumable for customers? Are you looking to make a significant impact at a high-growth company? Do you want to be a part of helping the world’s largest enterprises re-think infrastructure and security in a multi-cloud world?
HashiCorp is seeking a Senior Technical Product Marketing Manager to help with HashiCorp’s Infrastructure and Secure product lines, including Terraform, Packer, Vault, Consul, and more. This role will be a key part of our Product Marketing team, leading the technical go-to-market strategy activities, and will own building technical content across the company’s portfolio of products. The ideal candidate (but not required) will be someone with experience using HashiCorp products and other cloud-native offerings who can also build technical content, including demos, tutorials, competitive intelligence and insights, presentations, technical white papers, and more. This role will report to the Director of Technical Product Marketing.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Create lots of content that helps our customers — use your domain and practitioner knowledge, technical expertise, and understanding of the security space to create content to help customers learn what problems HashiCorp products solve and how it can help them. Content should be easily consumable, simple, accurate, and polished as it will be featured product content on our web properties and in our sales process to help educate our users and customers.
- Work collaboratively as part of a team — This role will work with engineering, product management, Developer Relations, and technical sales teams to deliver slide decks, tutorials, demos, videos, and technical white papers that align with our go-to-market initiatives.
- Advocate for our products— this role will provide an opportunity for the individual to help evangelize HashiCorp products within the practitioner and Enterprise community and to the industry as a whole working closely with industry influencers, Enterprise decision makers, and the HashiCorp Developer Relations team.
- Enable our sales teams— During sales enablement training sessions, showcase content and work closely with sales teams to iteratively gather feedback and build the roadmap to enhance content and develop what’s missing.
- Develop content to help launch products — Work with the Director of Product Marketing to deliver technical content updates that align with the announcement of product releases.
- Perform competitive analysis — establish an understanding of key competitors in the space and incorporate differentiated value into technical content and sales enablement materials.
- Work with our partners and the cloud ecosystem — Understand the ecosystem of partners, how HashiCorp products integrate with these partners and other DevOps and cloud tools, and incorporate that into HashiCorp product content.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- BS in CS/CE or equivalent technical degree preferred
- 5-7 years of technical product marketing experience with at least 3 years experience in a technical or field-facing role related to cloud, app dev, infrastructure, or IT operations
- Industry / technology expertise is required in several of the following areas: cloud, microservices, DevOps, networking, security, authentication, dynamic IT infrastructure, private cloud, infrastructure as code, DevOps workflows
- Ability to quickly learn about new technologies and ability to compare functionality and evaluate feature parity
- Ability to write strong, effective technical content (white papers, technical briefs, test reports, etc.) for external audiences with a balance of technical accuracy, strategy, and clear messaging
- Ability to work in Keynote, PowerPoint, and Google Slides
- Ability to work with necessary demo recording software, including Camtasia, Loom, and Zoom
- Ability to work with design tools such as Adobe Illustrator is a plus
- Ability to comfortably present and demo our products in front of internal and external audiences (large and small, live and recorded)
- Some travel is required for customer interaction and HashiCorp and industry events
- Deep customer focus and understanding are needed to build materials that resonate with customers
- Strong ability to take a project from idea to execution
- Excellent communicator
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-RT1 #LI-Remote
Colorado, California, Washington, New York, and British Columbia Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Intern Ranges below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below.