Implementation Services Engineer - Madrid Hub (Hybrid)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
About the role...
We are building a team of Implementation Services Engineers to ensure the successful delivery of HashiCorp’s solutions for our enterprise customers. As a member of the Customer Service & Support organization, the Implementation Engineer will be responsible for the project management and technical aspects of implementations. This starts with an internal hand-off with Sales all the way to a successful deployment, and a hand-off to the designated Technical Account Manager.
In this role you can expect to...
- Participate in the full lifecycle of a client implementation from initial internal hand-off from our sales team and sales engineer to installation, system configuration, and testing
- In some cases, you are also expected to provide some amount of training and limited post implementation support
- Be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on HashiCorp architecture, tools and products
- Provide guidance for business decisions during the implementation from a technical perspective on issues such as: performance, scalability, reliability, and security
- Work with our Product Management, Product Engineering and Support team to resolve issues that occur during the implementation
- Manage the implementation plan, sharing weekly status reports
- Set, manage and meet mutual expectations with the customer to ensure satisfactory completion of implementation projects
- Handle escalations where necessary and manage customer as well as internal resources expectations
- Facilitate discovery and requirements analysis sessions with customers and the HashiCorp team
- Develop project plans and estimates in order to deliver on time and within budget
- Track and report project metrics to ensure project success and mitigate risk
You may be a good fit for our team if you have...
- 3+ years Technical Account Management, Customer Support experience or Sales Engineering experience or equivalent experience - practitioners are highly encouraged to apply
- Fluency in the English language. Candidates should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- At least 3+ years in a customer facing role/customer success role
- Flexibility to work a late/evening shift may be a requirement for this position. Candidates should be able to accommodate working during evening hours, as per the needs of the business
- Proficiency with Vault in a production environment preferred
- Ability to provide guidance for HashiCorp product deployment with strong skills in infrastructure architecture, cloud, IT operations, security, and development technologies and processes
- Proficiency in understanding concepts and technologies in DevOps, IT operations, security, cloud, microservices, containers, and scheduling platforms
- Proficiency and/or knowledge of existing HashiCorp tools such as Vagrant, Packer, Terraform, Consul, Nomad, Vault and others
- Expertise in open source and SaaS is a major advantage
- Experience with implementing software products or solutions to large enterprise companies
- Excellent presence; strong written and verbal communication skills
- Upbeat, passionate, and unparalleled customer focus
- B.S. degree in an engineering or similar program from an accredited college / university preferred or equivalent experience
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-JN1 #LI-Hybrid
Colorado, California, Washington, New York, and British Columbia Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Intern Ranges below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below.