Director, Product Management - Vault
About the Role #LI-REMOTE:
Vault is the world's most widely adopted identity-based secrets management product. As the Director of Product for Vault, the role responsibility includes driving adoption and consumption while sustainably growing commercial revenue. You will lead other product managers towards a common vision and mentor them to do their best work — discovery, user research, Problem Requirement Documents (PRDs), field engagement, roadmaps. You will work closely with marketing, design and engineering colleagues as well as other functions in sales and support. Excellent story-telling, communication and team-building skills are required to collaborate effectively with organizational leaders in other functions and lead the team.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Develop and articulate a compelling product strategy aligning with HashiCorp’s overarching goals, market trends, and diverse customer needs.
- Lead and encourage a diverse team of product leaders and drive collaboration between team members and partners in engineering, design, and other departments to develop timely and high-quality solutions, appreciating diverse perspectives.
- Product launch oversight through coordinating cross-functional teams to prioritize features, define requirements, and build a comprehensive product line roadmap throughout the entire development lifecycle.
- Analyze market trends and customer feedback to identify growth opportunities, ensuring our products meet the diverse needs of our global customers.
- Translate broad company strategies into specific priorities and objectives with quantifiable key results for the team, considering a multitude of perspectives.
- Lead initiatives to improve how we operate as a product organization, actively participating in crafting a culture of continuous improvement that values diversity and inclusion.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and establish valuable relationships and partnerships within our space, encouraging diversity in connections.
- Act as a visible internal and external spokesperson for the product through presentations, demos, customer calls, and speaking engagements, ensuring representation and inclusivity.
You may be a good fit for our team if the following apply:
- 10+ years in SaaS Product Management/Product Strategy.
- 5+ years managing diverse teams of product managers, demonstrating coaching, mentoring, and development skills.
- Proven leadership experience in a high-growth SaaS company, valuing diverse experiences.
- Successful planning of product launches and development of go-to-market strategies, considering diverse market segments.
- Ability to handle conflict and difficult conversations with integrity, appreciating diverse viewpoints.
- Expertise in managing resources and budgets for teams and products, recognizing the value of diverse talents.
- Experience leading teams through change, making difficult decisions, and taking ownership to solve problems, with an inclusive mindset.
- Track record of setting a clear vision and strategy that drives customer value, embracing diverse perspectives.
- Passion for data analysis with the ability to distill insights into actionable decisions, considering diverse data points.
- High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects across a suite of products, valuing diverse project contributions.
- Ability to identify and develop solutions to complex problems from both strategic and operational perspectives, appreciating the richness of diverse problem-solving approaches.
Attributes we look for in successful product managers
- Listening to Understand
- Ability to Explain sophisticated Ideas Simply
- Strong Written, Verbal, and Visual Communication Skills
- Responsibility and Ownership Over Work