Sr. Site Reliability Engineer - Observability
HashiCorp helps solve development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications.
We use the Tao of HashiCorp as our guiding principles for product development and operate according to a strong set of company principles for how we interact with each other. We value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users.
The HashiCorp Observability team is responsible for providing HashiCorp engineers with observability tooling and capabilities using a software engineering-based approach. Our focus is on making it easy for HashiCorp engineers to understand the state of production in HashiCorp Cloud Platform, while at the same time providing context and control over things like cloud and SaaS costs. This team will involve a mixture of both infrastructure engineering/product engineering practices and more SRE-like engagements with engineering teams who are using observability tooling. There will also be some emphasis on addressing vendor costs as it relates to supporting developers in their observability needs. The team will consult and collaborate with our other Infrastructure teams who are focused on developer tooling and platforms when there are opportunities to achieve objectives around better observability or on improved costs.
About this Role
This engineering role is on a nascent, growing engineering team. The Observability team is responsible for products that touch many areas of engineering organizations at HashiCorp, so applicants will need to excel at collaboration, have product-focused mindsets, and be comfortable iterating in an agile manner towards solutions.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Be responsible for and drive operational excellence through observability tooling and best practices
- Build technical skills and relationships within a team of engineers and SREs
- Make understanding our operational posture and resolving incidents easier for multiple engineering teams and product systems
- Participate in crucial decision-making related to various observability tools and services, including build vs. buy
- Deliver elegant, user-focused solutions that address the observability and cloud cost challenges we face in our cloud product
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- Comfortable with Go preferably or another low-level programming language
- Worked with, built or scaled observability tooling in small or large operations as an individual contributor
- Worked on a team of SREs or engineers working in the observability space
- Worked to operationalize complex software at scale
- Worked on infrastructure teams in customer-centric and agile organizations with empathy and compassion
- Worked with SaaS or another type of managed software offering
- Expertise in one or more of the major public clouds