About the role...
We are looking for a Manager, Benefits (AMER) to oversee the administration and management of our Americas Benefits Programs! Reporting to the Director, Benefits and People Operations, you will manage the oversight and administration of our US, Canada, and Costa Rica leave and Benefit programs. Developing a team of two, AMER based, Benefit Specialists, you will manage annual renewals, compliance filings, and implement process efficiencies!
In this role you can expect to...
- Lead the team handling day-to-day administration of US, Canada and Costa Rica health and retirement benefits plans and serve as the escalation point for complex inquiries
- Supervise the administration of Americas benefits programs including health, retirement, and other insured benefits
- Collaborate with Director, Benefits and People Operations to review, recommend and implement benefit changes annually by participating in strategic design, vendor review, and implementation of new benefit programs
- Oversee US leave of absence and ADA administration; work with third-party administrator ensuring that leaves and disability programs are being administered timely, accurately and in accordance with applicable policy and laws
- Support all aspects of the annual renewals and lead U.S. Open Enrollment Benefits communication strategy and execution
- Partner with cross functional teams (Payroll, HRIS, People Operations) on benefits administration and process improvement
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of US Compliance reporting including (but not limited to); ACA reporting, FSA non-discrimination testing, and 401(k) compliance testing and audit
You may be a good fit for our team if you have...
- 6-8 years of experience in benefits and leave of absence administration in a fast-paced company, with 1 year of experience leading a team
- Experience with self-insured medical plans and associated plan administration, analysis, and design
- Knowledgeable in Benefits and regulatory requirements across the US, with experience working in a multi-state environment
- Ability to navigate sensitive employee situations with a high degree of empathy and confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated change management experience
- Strong data analysis, problem-solving, critical thinking, analytical and organizational skills
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy