Manager, Accounting Operations Transformation
HashiCorp is a San Francisco, California, US-based fast-growing publicly held company (listed on NASDAQ) that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
HashiCorp India Finance Center of Excellence:
HashiCorp has its Finance Centre of Excellence in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India to help HashiCorp’s USA Headquarter and 15+ other countries where we have our legal entities. From our India Center of Excellence, we are independently handling/supporting multiple processes that include Record to Report, Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Revenue Accounting, Internal Controls, SOX, Payroll, Taxation, Travel Administration, Treasury, Equity Administration, Reporting, etc.
About the role:
The Finance team is seeking an Accounting and Finance Operations Transformation Manager in its Center of Excellence in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India to support our growing Finance and Accounting organization. This role will be responsible for managing the projects to improve/build processes and systems to enable and automate Accounting and Finance Operations processes. This opportunity is ideal for someone who is looking for a broad range of responsibilities within an operating company and wants exposure to accounting and finance in a high-growth technology company.
A successful candidate thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth, and high-energy environment.
What we expect from this role:
- Help our Accounting and Finance Operations team to improve their processes and systems.
- Manage a small team of 2 Business Analysts and build strong relationships with the IT teams and multiple stakeholders and process owners.
- Work on Change Management across processes, and SOPs, manage and help conduct workshops and training, and ensure changes are implemented effectively.
- Project manage end-to-end initiatives in coordination with the Business Systems team.
- Manage and guide the team in building projects, testing, and Go-Live plans and meet the timelines. Also, led the initiative of building the cadence for project management within the team and came up with a strong methodology for project implementation utilizing different tools like JIRA.
- Identifying the opportunities for improvements across Accounting and Finance Operations processes - Record to Report, Procure to Pay, Order to Cash, Revenue Accounting, etc.
- Be the first responder to the requirements generated by the Accounting and operations team and consolidate and prioritize within with the help of the BAs.
- Perform requirements analysis, and assist in drafting business requirements.
- Meeting with stakeholders and gathering information consolidate the requirements build end-to-end documentation and take sign-off.
- Prepare internal Request for Comments - Prepare as-is processes documentation, identify areas of improvements, and write to-be processes documentation.
- Prepare and execute the action plan to move from the current to the future state.
- Build a 360-degree view of the topics in hand by ensuring and engaging cross-functional teams from within the Finance department and other departments like Sales, Marketing, R&D, etc., and ensure that the requirements/designs/solutions are aligned across departments.
- Implement the best practices across processes.
- Help in planning, managing, and coordinating the transition of different accounting processes for global teams.
- Partner with representatives of different sub-departments in India and the US, gather information, and help them implement the changes related to their processes and systems.
- Also, act as a bridge between Accounting and technical / business systems teams in the implementation of these improvements/ new systems and coordinate the efforts
- Prioritize the projects with different stakeholders, and can be hands-on to manage an entire project from discovery to scoping, hypercare, and future phases.
- Run regular cadence with key stakeholders on the above using project management tools
- Work with SOX and the Internal Control team to implement the required changes across the Accounting and Finance Ops teams.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Accounting / CA / ICMA / MBA with at least 10 years of experience in Project Management, Business Analysis, Financial ERP implementations, and process improvements.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in Accounting operations and process transformations in - Record to Report, Procure to Pay, Order to Cash, and other areas.
- Experience in working in a technology company with headquarters in the USA supporting the Accounting processes.
- Understanding of best practice finance & Accounting processes.
- Should have at least 3-4 full ERP life cycle implementation experience in the above areas linked to Accounting.
- Preferably have experience in NetSuite implementation or other leading ERPs.
- Should have managed stakeholders across senior and middle management, leading the meetings and presenting ideas, solutions, and prioritizations.
- Having Six Sigma or similar certification and experience is an additional advantage.
- Experience in preparing detailed documentation and presentation skills
- Good experience in Project Management and coordination with project management tools such as Microsoft Project Plan, Asana, JIRA, etc.
- Very high attention to detail.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, and prioritize competing workloads.
- Willingness to work in flexible working hours with at least 2-3 hours of overlap with the US team in San Francisco.
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to write elaborate documentation, prepare process flow diagrams, and experience in using Flow diagrams tools such as Lucid Charts, MS Visio, etc.
- Strong analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving skills with a keen eye to identify weaknesses.
- Flexible in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- Excellent experience in MS Office Suite especially in MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Worked in SOX environment and has an understanding of SOX controls, workflows, and segregation of duties #LI-Hybrid #LI-SG1