Workplace Lead - Madrid Hub
About the role...
The Workplace team powers and connects the workday for all HashiCorp employees through three pillars: places, workplace infrastructure, and community engagement. These all play an important role in providing a support system for employees, whether they work in an office or at home.
We are hospitality and experience-driven at the core. We are made up of People people, meaning that we love supporting each other and all of the People in our workplace. We take on the good and the bad with optimism and with a positive, kind approach to solving problems, dealing with the obstacles handed to us, and proactively creating good around us. We think about each moment through the lens of our colleagues (our customers) so that we can create thoughtful and memorable experiences no matter what task we have at hand. This role will be reporting into a US based Manager.
Our Madrid office of approximately 50 seats, plus a training room, will be opening in or around March 1, 2024. The Madrid Workplace Lead will be a part of the global Workplace team, will help to open the office, and will wear multiple hats supporting the office and the employees once it is open. Prior to the office opening, the Lead will be the go-to person for meeting vendors, ordering office and other supplies for the opening, organizing the office and checking all things off the list. Once open, you will be responsible for all office operational and administrative tasks while cultivating a beautiful, positive, and productive workplace.
Global Employee Health and Safety (EHS):
The Lead will also be responsible for the global Workplace Employee Health & Safety (EHS) initiative. With the support of our EHS consultant and Workplace leadership team, this initiative includes developing, implementing, and monitoring risk assessments for offices and remote employees, doing compliance work within HashiCorp countries around the world, and working on one-off EHS issues as they arise. This person will partner closely with the HashiCorp Benefits team as this work goes hand in hand with Occupational Health that the Benefits team oversees.
Global Workplace Systems:
Finally, the Lead will help support the Workplace systems in conjunction with the Workplace leadership team. Our global Workplace infrastructure includes many software platforms and systems that we use to run our programming. These systems require upkeep, monitoring, and coordination to keep in tune with our business needs. This person will actively oversee these systems as part of this effort.
In this role you can expect to…
- Keep the Madrid office running with respect to the day to day operations, vendor relationships and associated services, employee health & safety compliance, and facility maintenance all while creating a clean, polished, and positive environment for all to enjoy
- Be present in the office during business hours, Monday through Friday from 8:30am - 5:00pm to support employees and the space + be there at times when no one else is for special projects, moves, etc.
- Greet employees, visitors, customers, and vendors, making them feel welcome and comfortable
- Support team mail and packaging assistance including accepting deliveries of small packages - triage, distribute, keeping it all organized
- Manage inventory and order all office, kitchen and PPE supplies while tracking spend and working within the office budget
- Keep the office tidy, clean, organized and looking polished each and every hour of the day
- Create a wonderful workplace experience and environment for employees, visitors, recruits, customers and vendors alike
- Produce thoughtful and inclusive office experiences and events through collaboration with the Workplace team which are consistent with other office locations and the global strategy
- Organize, monitor, and communicate facility and building safety preparedness to employees
- Build relationships with external parties (contractors, suppliers, etc.) and with building management, maintenance, and cleaning staff, including quality control, vendor accountability, and delivering feedback
- Organize internal and external lunches, meetings and team-building events, and in-office offsites, ensuring proper preparation of all logistical pieces.
- Assist with answering workplace tickets via freshservice in a kind and timely manner
- Manage Environmental Health Safety (EHS) initiatives and complete day-to-day EHS efforts for the Workplace team
- Manage the Workplace technology systems we use
- Assist with ad-hoc projects when time allows
- Contribute in ways beyond this high level overview of the role’s responsibilities
You may be a good fit for our team if you have...
- 5-7 years of experience working in facilities, workplace operations, or office administration
- Proficiency with G-Suite Products or the ability to learn software quickly
- Excellent organization, planning and prioritization skills
- Initiative! Exceptionally strong ownership and can-do attitude with an operational mindset
- Comfortable working autonomously, juggling multiple tasks under tight deadlines, switching gears at the drop of a hat, and having a “no task too small” mentality
- Willingness to jump in where needed, picking up projects and checking things off lists even when it lands on your plate unexpectedly
- Excellent written, non-verbal, and verbal communication skills; the ability to work well with various personality types, and are receptive to feedback...all while maintaining a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality
- Project management skills to keep everything in check and moving forward
- Genuine passion for supporting others and a contagiously positive attitude
- The capability to anticipate others' needs and act with patience, kindness, and firmness
- An eye for detail with regards to all things from process to projects to space to events
- The ability to maintain a professional and kind game face even when things aren’t going as planned or desired; a propensity for problem solving quickly and quietly
- A solid sense of self awareness and the desire for feedback to adapt and grow
- Have an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations and can contribute to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture