Software Engineering Intern (Undergraduate)
About the Role
Are you a current student who is interested in working on one of the Vault, Terraform, or Cloud teams here at HashiCorp? Each of these teams work on both open source and enterprise versions of each tool, programming primarily in Go with a focus on stability, reliability, performance, and security. Our infrastructure tools are used in critical environments and operated by a range of organizations and individuals to solve infrastructure management problems.
This internship provides an opportunity to help design, prototype, and implement core features while ensuring the stability of the product across a range of use-cases. Our team's work can be viewed on GitHub in the products (for Vault, Terraform, or Consul) or in libraries our teams depend on, like raft, memberlist, and go-plugin.
As a Software Engineer Intern, you can expect to learn how to...
- Work on issues and improvements critical to the success of HashiCorp customers and the broader community
- Engage in design discussions and brainstorming sessions to offer ideas and insights on rethinking and optimizing product architecture for better global scalability and organizational needs
- Contribute to the HashiCorp community by providing code review, and support to HashiCorp employees, community members, and partners
- Advocate and support improvements to product APIs and core to improve development and integration of tools and plugins
- Own the full lifecycle of feature development from design through testing and release
- Program in Golang, learning from and contributing to a team committed to continually improving their skills
You may be a good fit for our team if you...
- Are currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent training in the United States
- Have an anticipated undergraduate graduation date of May 2026- December 2027
- Have academic or experience working in a professional environment
- Have some proficiency in Go, Python, Java, or C++ or similar programming language
- Are currently located in the United States for Summer 2024
- Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have the ability to work in a fast paced, team-based environment
- Have the constant desire to grow, learn, and explore new things
- Emulate the HashiCorp principles
If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, please apply anyway! If you are interested in working on a specific tool or product, please note it in your application.