Director, Technical Field Operations - Madrid Hub (hybrid)
About the role...
Our philosophy in Customer Success starts in the sales process and manifests itself during our customers lifecycle using our solutions. As a member of the Technical Field Operations (TFO) leadership, this leader will be responsible for building a new team ensuring our philosophies are delivered.
These start with building the best Solutions Engineering and Architecture team possible and a technical team that can build and maintain all the assets that matter for a productive technical seller (workshops, demos, training etc.).
For the Value Engineering asset and content developers, this role will operate within a matrixed organisational structure, aligning hierarchically while functional responsibilities will report into a functional leader within the area of expertise. You should have experience supporting local needs with the ability to inspire and motivate teams within a dynamic, cross-functional organisational framework. This role also acts as an escalation channel for the team and involves strategic customer engagement, team leadership, and close collaboration with cross-functional teams to ensure customer success with HashiCorp tooling. As with any leadership position, it is required to nurture and support team members into advancing their abilities and career within HashiCorp in order to retain talent, as well as hiring within the team.
This Director, Technical Sales Operations will build, lead and develop an elite team of customer-facing engineers (solutions, architects and program) that will evolve our next generation of technical field capabilities. These capabilities will accelerate our global Solutions Engineering team ability to improve our technical win rate, build assets that can be reused globally and become specialists within our 3 respective domains: security, infrastructure, and networking.
In this role, you can expect to...
- Effectively manage a team of technical resources that will span across sales, domain experts and specialised programs.
- Collaborate with TFO geo functional leaders in supporting their organizations and functions through this shared services hub
- Be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on HashiCorp architecture and products
- Assist the value engineering asset development team in developing and maintaining a diverse portfolio of strategic technical assets like demos, workshops, training materials etc
- Provide guidance for technical decisions related to TFO programs and tools
- Assist our Solutions Engineering teams during a sales cycle
- Assist our Solutions Architects on customer outcomes that will drive consumption
- Foster an environment of technical collaboration and integration across presales and post-sales
- Visit our office in Madrid several times a week
You may be a good fit for our team if you have...
- 5+ years Technical Pre-Sales or Sales Engineering experience
- At least 3 years of experience as a manager of managers of technical teams
- Fluency in the English language and at least one other major European language (French, German, Italian or Spanish)
- Proficiency in understanding concepts and technologies in DevOps, IT operations, security, cloud, microservices, containers, and scheduling platforms
- Proficiency and/or knowledge of existing HashiCorp tools such as Terraform, Vault, and Consul is a plus
- Cloud and/or SaaS experience is a plus
- Leadership abilities along with proven success in building, growing and managing a very hardworking and motivated organisation
- Excellent presence; strong written and verbal communication skills
- Upbeat, passionate, and unparalleled customer focus
- Some experience operating within a matrixed organisational environment
- Experience managing and influencing change in organizations
- B.S. degree in an engineering or similar program from an accredited college/university preferred or equivalent experience