Technical Program Manager - Madrid Hub (Hybrid)
About the Role
HashiCorp is looking for an experienced Program Manager who is excited to drive operational excellence across complex, cross-functional programs that impact many team members across multiple organizations at HashiCorp.
As part of the Value Engineering, Technical Programs Team, you'll drive and improve strategic execution, operations, and program delivery within our Value Engineering organization, working cross-functionally with many teams across HashiCorp, including R&D, Product Marketing/Technical Product Marketing (PMM/TPMM), and various functions within the Worldwide Technical Field Operations (WWTFO) organization. You will drive and deliver complex programs and initiatives requiring cross functional collaboration across multiple fields.
You will be responsible for bringing cohesion and collaboration across Value Engineering and other cross-functional partners for Value Engineering program and product development, delivery, and launch. You may handle programs or projects in the areas of CSP Deployment Module Development Lifecycle, Knowledge Management, Product Telemetry roadmap and representing WWTFO’s point of view, Product Lifecycle (PLC) interface between R&D and Value Engineering, and other prioritized programs. You should have a strong appreciation for scaling up processes, thrive in a dynamic environment, and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Our Value Engineering team, as well as the other cross-functional teams you'll work with, are largely remote. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence. Excellent systems thinking, collaboration & communication, and team-building skills are required to collaborate optimally with organizational leaders in other functions.
In this role you can expect to:
- Lead coordination and planning for product-specific and cross-product programs to ensure that the processes run efficiently for the team
- Work closely with leadership teams to drive execution of pivotal initiatives, proactively identifying risks & obstacles along with mitigation plans
- Manage the collaboration between engineering, product, design, and other functions by identifying priorities, defining cross-functional achievements, and crafting plans
- Work across Value Engineering programs to identify product dependencies, drive alignment and interlocks, create a strategic roadmap, and drive and track ongoing progress
- Build Plans of Record [PORs] and program plans including scope, dependency, risks
- Own systems for project documentation, status tracking, portfolios, dashboards and communication between project stakeholders to ensure overall program health
- Establish, drive and continuously improve standards for processes that promote a high standard for product delivery and efficiency of teams
- Work closely with Value Engineering leadership in the definition and ongoing reporting of relevant metrics that support the progress, success, and areas of improvement of our programs
- Contribute to an environment that's conducive to great execution culture and removes obstacles to project completion
- Work closely with leadership teams and operational teams on priority and productivity process improvements
You may be a good fit for our team if you:
- 3-4 years of experience in an R&D or field solutions program management role driving projects through full product life cycle
- Experience using Jira Software for program planning and delivery, and experience administering Jira and standing up and refining new projects and workflows
- Experience with Scrum and working across distributed and remote teams
- Familiarity with HashiCorp products and Go To Market
- Proven ability to creatively solve complicated problems
- Fluency in the English language. Excellent verbal & written communication skills, understanding of the needs of all stakeholders, and a track record of delivering projects
- Flexibility to work a late/evening shift may be a requirement for this position. Candidates should be able to accommodate working during evening hours, as per the needs of the business
- Experience in a rapidly growing organization, working cross-functionally with teams delivering enterprise software or field solutions
- Strong bias for action and an intrinsic ability to deal with ambiguity
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-Hybrid