Software Engineer - Rails/React (Hybrid)
Why We Need You:
As a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, you will design and implement software solutions that enhance the value of the Homebase software platform to impact the lives of our customers. You will play a leading technical role in our engineering practice.
- You’ll drive product engineering end-to-end for the web and API software components that make up our product platform.
- You will contribute to the evolution of our current engineering strategy and development process.
- Your challenge will be to advance our existing software architecture
- You will have the opportunity to impact our software architecture by evaluating emerging and existing technologies
- You will work independently with little supervision and mentor junior software engineers
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails and React.js.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented software design and design patterns, and how they apply to the frameworks listed above.
- Solid understanding of SQL and data modeling for scalability and performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering disciplines or equivalent required
- Experience with any combination of the following software languages preferred: Swift, Native Android, Amazon Web Services Knowledge of mobile development best practices, both for the mobile web, and native applications.
- Able to compare various languages and frameworks objectively.
- An eye for good design and the ability to implement ‘pixel perfect’ UI designs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Git, Github, and development using pull requests.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
The Interview Process:
- Meet the Talent Team w/ Alex V. & Ivana L.
- Meet the Hiring Manager w/ Raj K.
- Technical Interview w/ Justin N.
- System Design Interview w/ John J. & Jordan B.
- Meet our Leaders w/ Leyla A.
Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and hourly workers. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, payroll, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. Just don’t call us “Human Capital Management.” We have built tools for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on bullsh*t and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Plus Capital, and GGV Capital.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Homebase:
At Homebase, we take pride in fostering a welcoming space where every Homie of every gender, age, orientation, culture and walk of life can be their full selves. Diverse perspectives empower us to build the best-in-class platform for small businesses and hourly shift workers. We recognize that experience comes in many forms, so if you think you’re close to what we’re looking for (even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications), we encourage you to apply!
What We Offer You:
- Stock Options - Everyone is an Owner!
- Comprehensive medical coverage for you and your eligible dependents - premiums 100% paid by Homebase!
- RRSP plan +4% company match
- Top-of-the-line equipment and stipend for workspace setup
- Work from home Monday, Thursday, & Friday
- Vibrant coworking spaces to collaborate in
- 20 days of accrued PTO, annual paid holidays and paid volunteer time off
- Continued learning and development stipend
- Team offsites and monthly opportunities to engage with fellow Homies
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Accommodations will be provided during the hiring process if needed. Please advise us of any accommodations needed within your application to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Something looks off?