Senior Product Manager, Point of Sale Ecosystem (Hybrid)
Hi, Future Homie!
As a Homie, you'll be part of an unstoppable team that puts customers first, embraces each day with excitement, and strives for excellence in everything you do. We’re revolutionizing the way small businesses manage their teams and grow their business. What this means for you is a shared passion for innovation and making a difference for the people we serve. So what do you say, will you join us on our mission to empower small businesses?
As a Homie, you are a bar raiser, this means you come with:
- Passion and skill to build not good but great product experiences
- Customer centricity in running product research and developing hypotheses
- Business mindset to align product opportunities to business outcomes
- Analytical thinking to research and analyze qualitative and quantitative data
- Consistency in planning, prioritizing and delivering outcomes
- Attitude to be build a great company for us and our customers
- Experience doing all of these things in a high growth company
As a Homie, you will make an impact by:
Leading our point of sale (POS) ecosystem products. A point of sale system is the hardware/software combo that powers any physical merchant. It is the hub where sales and tips are captured, serves as a tool for employees to clock in and out of their shifts, and a dashboard that provides key business insights like sales vs. labor costs for each shift. Building a cohesive experience on these point of sale systems is key to Homebase and partner success. Homebase is partnered with the largest POS companies in the industry.
In this role you will collaborate with the channel partnership team to define partnership strategy and build product experiences for the POS platform that integrate with our web and mobile platforms. You will also have the opportunity to work with each POS partner to help define the next generation of hardware & software to help solve unique mechant challenges. You will have the opportunity to build native Android-based experiences and develop seamless integrations between the POS partner and Homebase products.
This is an individual contributor role and will report to the head of product for merchant success. You will have a dedicated squad with engineering, design, and product analytics counterparts.
In this role you will have the following objectives:
- Build the POS partnership strategy with the channel partnership team
- Define and execute on a rolling 4 quarter POS product roadmap
- Achieve the company goals for customer growth, retention, and revenue
- Manage the relationship with the POS engineering, design, and product analytics team
What we offer our Homies:
- Stock Options - Everyone is an Owner!
- Comprehensive medical coverage for you and your eligible dependents - premiums 100% paid by Homebase!
- RRSP plan + 4% company match
- Employer supplemented Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Company-paid holidays and 20 days accrued PTO per year
- Continued learning and development stipend
- Paid parental leave
- Top-of-the-line equipment and stipend for workspace setup
- Work from home Monday, Thursday, & Friday
- Meals provided at our vibrant work spaces
- Team offsites and monthly opportunities to engage with fellow Homies
What to Expect During the Interview Process:
- Meet the Talent Acquisition team
- Meet the Hiring Manager
- Present a product from your past experience
- Meet the Leadership team
- Professional Reference Checks
- Background Check + Offer Stage
- Welcome to the team, Homie💜🎉
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Homebase:
At Homebase, we take pride in fostering a welcoming space where every Homie of every gender, age, orientation, culture and walk of life can be their full selves. Diverse perspectives empower us to build the best-in-class platform for small businesses and hourly shift workers. We recognize that experience comes in many forms, so if you think you’re close to what we’re looking for (even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications), we encourage you to apply!
Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and hourly workers. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, payroll, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. Just don’t call us “Human Capital Management.” We have built tools for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on bullsh*t and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Plus Capital, and GGV Capital.
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Accommodations will be provided during the hiring process if needed. Please advise us of any accommodations needed within your application to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.