Senior Product Designer, Monetization (Hybrid)
Hi, Future Homie!
As a Homie, you'll be part of an unstoppable team that puts customers first, embraces each day with excitement, and strives for excellence in everything you do. We’re revolutionizing the way small businesses manage their teams and grow their business. What this means for you is a shared passion for innovation and making a difference for the people we serve. So what do you say, will you join us on our mission to empower small businesses?
Why We Need You
We are looking for an experienced, mission-driven Product Designer who wants to make a difference in the lives of the small business owners and employees we serve. You’ll report to our Design Sr. Manager for Growth and Monetization and be an integral part of growing our design culture and practice at Homebase. You’ll partner with engineers, product managers, and other designers to shape the Homebase roadmap and deliver meaningful outcomes for our customers.
You’ll look proactively across our different product areas to define how our offerings work together from a pixel perspective and through a workflow, information architecture, and interaction design lens.
You’ll take a leadership role in design critique and help create the long-term vision for the Homebase Design Team, influencing your colleagues through qualitative and quantitative data as well as generally-accepted best practices.
The ideal candidate has a background in designing for growth and monetization in SaaS products while maintaining a strong user-centered approach. When we design for our customer’s goals, motivations, and behaviors, we will increase our user base and help customers feel good about upgrading in our freemium model.
Experience & Attributes You Bring
- You’ve owned design projects from concept to implementation through sound research, discovery, collaboration, iteration, and partnering with Engineers during execution.
- You’ve shipped entire end-to-end experiences across web and mobile that start from understanding user needs and contexts.
- You have the ability to clearly express your desired UX metrics and create a plan to develop and evaluate them.
- You have a wide range of early-stage UX practices in your toolkit. Examples could include — but are not limited to! — task flows, wireframing, low-fidelity prototyping, workshop facilitation, and design research.
- You have a high degree of visual polish in your UI design and an understanding of communicating detailed interactions with engineers.
- You can articulate your design choices with peers and stakeholders clearly and are skilled at giving and receiving design feedback.
- You’ve demonstrated that you can balance speed and quality, keeping our customers’ needs central to your work.
- You demonstrate a sense of ownership and accountability for the team’s work and outcomes — the good and the bad.
- Have a learning mindset. You are intellectually curious with a desire to learn continuously.
- You demonstrate humility, knowing that our work isn’t about us; it’s about building in service to our customers. You share credit with team members and welcome collaboration, ideas, and feedback.
- 3-5+ years of experience in product design in a consumer-grade SaaS environment
- Significant experience leading customer discovery and user research efforts
- Formal education in user experience design
- Are well-versed in Figma best practices
What We Offer
- Stock Options - Everyone is an Owner!
- Competitive group health benefits coverage for you and your eligible dependents
- Group Investments, TFSA as well as an RRSP plan which offers a 4% company match
- Employer supplemented Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Company-paid holidays and 20 days accrued PTO per year
- Continued learning and development stipend
- Paid parental leave after 1-year of service
- Top-of-the-line equipment and stipend for workspace setup
- Work from home days, Monday, Thursday, & Friday
- Meals provided at our vibrant workspaces
- Team offsites and monthly opportunities to engage with fellow Homies
What to Expect During the Interview Process:
- Meet the Talent Team with Alex V.
- Meet the Hiring Manager with Janet T.
- Working Session with the Design Team: Priya S., Elaine L., Christan F., & Deepti P.
- Meet Rachel S., Director of Product
- Meet Sharad G., VP of Product
- Meet Ray S., VP of Analytics & Growth
- Professional Reference Checks
- Background Check + Offer Stage
- Welcome to the team, Homie💜🎉
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Homebase
At Homebase, we take pride in fostering a welcoming space where every Homie of every gender, age, orientation, culture, and walk of life can be their full selves. Diverse perspectives empower us to build the best-in-class platform for small businesses and hourly shift workers. We recognize that experience comes in many forms, so if you think you’re close to what we’re looking for (even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications), we encourage you to apply!
Our founders, John and Rushi started Homebase in San Francisco in 2014 with our time clocks and scheduling software. Since then, we’ve grown our diverse workforce to over 250 employees Worldwide and scaled our products to serve over 100k businesses and 1+ Million of their employees. Homebase was named Best in Business by Inc. Magazine in 2020, and FIT Small Business listed Homebase Payroll as the Best Payroll Software for Hourly Teams in 2022! We have built tools for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on bullsh*t and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Plus Capital, and GGV Capital.
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.
**Interview Recording Notice
By participating in interviews with Homebase, you consent to the use of Metaview, a recording and transcription tool, during the interview process. Please be aware that all interviews may be recorded and transcribed for the purpose of evaluating candidates and ensuring the quality of our recruitment process. If you do not consent to being recorded, please inform the Talent Team at the beginning of the call, and appropriate arrangements will be made to accommodate your preference. Your privacy is important to us, and the recorded interviews will only be used for internal evaluation and assessment of candidates.