Product Marketing Manager, Growth (Hybrid)
Hi, Future Homie!
As a Homie, you'll be part of an unstoppable team that puts customers first, embraces each day with excitement, and strives for excellence in everything you do. We’re revolutionizing the way small businesses manage their teams and grow their business. What this means for you is a shared passion for innovation and making a difference for the people we serve. So what do you say, will you join us on our mission to empower small businesses?
As a Homie, you will make an impact by
Building the first impression that our customers have of Homebase. Reporting to the Lead of Product Marketing, this role will partner with our Growth team that is responsible for driving several top-of-funnel channels such as organic, paid, website & conversion, and lifecycle marketing. You’ll own product positioning to drive customers through the signup experience and guide them to activate on the app. Just as important, you will drive integrated marketing moments at least twice a year, to ensure the product narrative is echoing strongly with our customers. You will champion this moment for Homebase by working across all orgs - growth, product, marketing, support, and sales teams to create a compelling product story for small businesses in America. You will play a key role in refining our messaging and communication strategy. Ultimately, you will be the voice of the customer.
You are equal parts outcome-focused, analytical, creative, and get things done. You are obsessed with delivering the right message to the right customer at the right moment. You are someone who loves to solve problems and help small businesses discover products that will make their work and lives better.
- Work deeply with Product and Marketing teams to build the right experiences to acquire different customer segments
- Partner closely with teams who work on the early lifecycle of the customer to get customers to start using Homebase
- Spearhead our biggest marketing moments through integrated campaigns 2x / year and help create this muscle for Homebase
- Work closely with the Brand Design team to translate our (new!) brand and messaging across marketing channels & touchpoints
- Build, validate, and improve product messaging, case studies, and proof-points in service of marketing campaigns - while bringing insights from the competitive landscape
- Build scalable, repeatable GTM motions for partner services or experiences
As a Homie, you are a bar raiser, which means you come with
- 4-6 years of experience in SaaS marketing and 1-3 years in product marketing or relevant role
- Strengths lie in crafting a compelling, articulate, and differentiated message; content or communications experience a plus
- Experience doing qualitative and quantitative customer and market research, defining and acting on segmentation
- Executive communication skills: synthesizing complex problems and convincing people of your point of view
- Must be excellent at written communication, copywriting, and creative development
- Deep customer empathy; SMB experience or marketing for SMBs experience a plus
- Experience working closely with and influencing product and marketing teams
- Excellent project management skills and experience building go-to-market plans
- Analytical mindset and comfort using data to diagnose and inform choices
- Thrive in a startup environment: ability to prioritize, adapt, test, and learn
- Be curious, detail-oriented, and a problem-solver
- Ability to work well cross-functionally
What We Offer
- Stock Options - Everyone is an Owner!
- Competitive group health benefits coverage for you and your eligible dependents
- Group Investments, TFSA as well as an RRSP plan which offers a 4% company match
- Employer supplemented Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Company-paid holidays and 20 days accrued PTO per year
- Continued learning and development stipend
- Paid parental leave after 1-year of service
- Top-of-the-line equipment and stipend for workspace setup
- Work from home days, Monday, Thursday, & Friday
- Meals provided at our vibrant workspaces
- Team offsites and monthly opportunities to engage with fellow Homies
What to Expect During the Interview Process
- Meet the Talent Acquisition team
- Meet the Hiring Manager
- Participate in a Technical Interview
- Meet the Leadership team
- Professional Reference Checks
- Background Check + Offer Stage
- Welcome to the team, Homie💜🎉
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Homebase
At Homebase, we take pride in fostering a welcoming space where every Homie of every gender, age, orientation, culture, and walk of life can be their full selves. Diverse perspectives empower us to build the best-in-class platform for small businesses and hourly shift workers. We recognize that experience comes in many forms, so if you think you’re close to what we’re looking for (even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications), we encourage you to apply!
Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and hourly workers. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, payroll, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. Just don’t call us “Human Capital Management.” We have built tools for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on bullsh*t and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Plus Capital, and GGV Capital.
(US only) At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Accommodations will be provided during the hiring process if needed. Please advise us of any accommodations needed within your application to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
**Interview Recording Notice:
By participating in interviews with Homebase, you consent to the use of Metaview, a recording and transcription tool, during the interview process. Please be aware that all interviews may be recorded and transcribed for the purpose of evaluating candidates and ensuring the quality of our recruitment process. If you do not consent to being recorded, please inform the Talent Team at the beginning of the call, and appropriate arrangements will be made to accommodate your preference. Your privacy is important to us, and the recorded interviews will only be used for internal evaluation and assessment of candidates.