Software Engineer II
Hi, Future Homie!
As a Homie, you'll be part of an unstoppable team that puts customers first, embraces each day with excitement, and strives for excellence in everything you do. We’re revolutionizing the way small businesses manage their teams and grow their business. What this means for you is a shared passion for innovation and making a difference for the people we serve. So what do you say, will you join us on our mission to empower small businesses?
As a Growth Hacker, you are a bar raiser, which means you come with
- 3+ years of Web Software Engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience in MVC software framework: Ruby and Rails
- Unit testing experience (with RSpec a plus)
- Knowledge on handling integrations with 3rd party vendors (error handling, API Interface development)
- Solid understanding of object-oriented software design and design patterns
- Firm understanding of SQL and data modeling for scalability and performance
- Familiarity with Marketing Analytics (ex: Google Analytics 4, Google tag manager, or comparables)
- Not a stranger to lifecycle tooling (ex: Iterable, Twilio, or comparables)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering disciplines or equivalent required
- Strong communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Git, GitHub, and development using pull requests.
- Ability to work from the office weekly on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
As a Homie, you will make an impact by
As a Software Engineer in Growth, you will play a crucial role in driving the evolution of our product by experimenting, iterating, and implementing growth strategies. The ideal candidate is comfortable with ambiguity and failure, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and possesses a genuine passion for creating impactful solutions. If you are a risk-taking, scrappy, and unconstrained thinker who takes pride in ownership, we want you on our team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify growth opportunities and implement strategies to drive user acquisition
- Rapidly prototype and iterate on ideas to validate assumptions and hypotheses
- Take ownership of growth experiments, measure key metrics, and examine results to inform decision-making with your partners
- Embrace a mindset of continuous improvement, incorporating learnings from both successes and failures into future initiatives
- Champion a culture of innovation, collaboration, and a bias for action within the team
What We Offer
- Stock Options - Everyone is an Owner!
- Competitive group health benefits coverage for you and your eligible dependents
- Group Investments, TFSA as well as an RRSP plan which offers a 4% company match
- Employer supplemented Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Company-paid holidays and 20 days accrued PTO per year
- Continued learning and development stipend
- Paid parental leave after 1-year of service
- Top-of-the-line equipment and stipend for workspace setup
- Work from home days, Monday, Thursday, & Friday
- Meals provided at our vibrant workspaces
- Team offsites and monthly opportunities to engage with fellow Homies
What to Expect During the Interview Process:
- Meet the Talent Acquisition team Mavel W.
- Meet the Hiring Manager Jatin B.
- Meet the Leadership team Steve K.
- Participate in a Technical Interview
- Meet with the Growth Team Candy L. and Alvin D.
- Meet with the VP of Product Engineering Alamelu R.
- Professional Reference Checks
- Background Check + Offer Stage
- Welcome to the team, Homie💜🎉
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Homebase
At Homebase, we take pride in fostering a welcoming space where every Homie of every gender, age, orientation, culture and walk of life can be their full selves. Diverse perspectives empower us to build the best-in-class platform for small businesses and hourly shift workers. We recognize that experience comes in many forms, so if you think you’re close to what we’re looking for (even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications), we encourage you to apply!
Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and hourly workers. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, payroll, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. Just don’t call us “Human Capital Management.” We have built tools for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on bullsh*t and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Plus Capital, and GGV Capital.
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Accommodations will be provided during the hiring process if needed. Please advise us of any accommodations needed within your application to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
**Interview Recording Notice
By participating in interviews with Homebase, you consent to the use of Metaview, a recording and transcription tool, during the interview process. Please be aware that all interviews may be recorded and transcribed for the purpose of evaluating candidates and ensuring the quality of our recruitment process. If you do not consent to being recorded, please inform the Talent Team at the beginning of the call, and appropriate arrangements will be made to accommodate your preference. Your privacy is important to us, and the recorded interviews will only be used for internal evaluation and assessment of candidates.