Senior Accountant (Hybrid)
Hi, Future Homie!
As a Homie, you'll be part of an unstoppable team that puts customers first, embraces each day with excitement, and strives for excellence in everything you do. We’re revolutionizing the way small businesses manage their teams and grow their business. What this means for you is a shared passion for innovation and making a difference for the people we serve. So what do you say, will you join us on our mission to empower small businesses?
We are looking for a driven Senior Accountant with SaaS experience to support our multiple product lines. Are you someone known for your high attention to detail, excellent problem-solving abilities, and effective communication skills? If you’re a driven person that thrives in a high-impact, fast-paced environment, and have an overall desire to contribute directly to company growth, you may be a future Homie!
As a Homie, you will make an impact by:
- Managing the revenue recognition process, ensuring all revenue is recorded in compliance with GAAP (ASC 606) for our multiple product lines
- Supporting month-end close; record monthly journal entries including revenue, accruals, fixed assets, and allocations
- Regular review of accounts payable mailbox and coordination of vendor payments
- Preparing bank reconciliations
- Preparing monthly account reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts
- Preparing routine PBC deliverables, and financial statement support for routine annual audit
- Collaborating with Finance team to analyze and explain monthly actual vs. budget variances
- Performing various payroll functions, including payroll processing for our US and Canadian entities, and timecard audits.
- Assisting in the documentation and maintenance of internal policies, procedures, and controls
- Supporting ad hoc projects, including systems implementation, and process improvements related to revenue processes
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- 3 to 5+ years experience in Accounting/Finance as an Accountant or Senior Accountant, including SaaS experience.
- A thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), especially ASC 606
- Knowledge and experience with Netsuite a plus
- Strong billing system experience, preferably Stripe or Braintree
- Ability to collaborate in office weekly on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- Stock Options - Everyone is an Owner!
- Competitive group health benefits coverage for you and your eligible dependents
- Group Investments, TFSA as well as an RRSP plan which offers a 4% company match
- Employer supplemented Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Company-paid holidays and 20 days accrued PTO per year
- Continued learning and development stipend
- Paid parental leave after 1-year of service
- Top-of-the-line equipment and stipend for workspace setup
- Work from home days, Monday, Thursday, & Friday
- Meals provided at our vibrant workspaces
- Team offsites and monthly opportunities to engage with fellow Homie
- Meet the Talent Acquisition team
- Meet the Hiring Manager
- Participate in a Technical Interview
- Meet the Leadership team
- Professional Reference Checks
- Background Check + Offer Stage
- Welcome to the team, Homie💜🎉
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Homebase
At Homebase, we take pride in fostering a welcoming space where every Homie of every gender, age, orientation, culture and walk of life can be their full selves. Diverse perspectives empower us to build the best-in-class platform for small businesses and hourly shift workers. We recognize that experience comes in many forms, so if you think you’re close to what we’re looking for (even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications), we encourage you to apply!About Us
Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and hourly workers. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, payroll, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. Just don’t call us “Human Capital Management.” We have built tools for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on bullsh*t and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Plus Capital, and GGV Capital.At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Accommodations will be provided during the hiring process if needed. Please advise us of any accommodations needed within your application to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
**Interview Recording NoticeBy participating in interviews with Homebase, you consent to the use of Metaview, a recording and transcription tool, during the interview process. Please be aware that all interviews may be recorded and transcribed for the purpose of evaluating candidates and ensuring the quality of our recruitment process. If you do not consent to being recorded, please inform the Talent Team at the beginning of the call, and appropriate arrangements will be made to accommodate your preference. Your privacy is important to us, and the recorded interviews will only be used for internal evaluation and assessment of candidates.