Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics & Strategic Planning [Head of]
Hi, Future Homie!
As a Homie, you'll be part of an unstoppable team that puts customers first, embraces each day with excitement, and strives for excellence in everything you do. We’re revolutionizing the way small businesses manage their teams and grow their business. What this means for you is a shared passion for innovation and making a difference for the people we serve. So what do you say, will you join us on our mission to empower small businesses?
As a Homie, you will make an impact within our Marketing team by leading our marketing analytics & strategic planning efforts in this newly created role:
- Overall: You will work alongside our CMO and their leads to play a crucial role in setting our marketing strategy in this period of high growth, while taking our marketing analytics efforts to the next level
- Annual planning: Work closely with the CMO on annual and quarterly forecasting, budget planning, target/KPI setting, which includes close collaboration with Finance, Data Engineering, Biz Ops, and the rest of the Growth/Marketing team to ensure alignment with overall business objectives
- Reporting and driving action: Owning and driving weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting to team and executives, while helping the team understand results and uncover insights. This could include chairing regular performance status meetings, owning the floor, keeping the larger team on track, and driving accountability and action plans
- Strategy and opportunity sizing: Conducting ad-hoc analytical projects to support strategic opportunities such as market mapping, and quarterly initiatives, while proactively keeping an eye out for the next big 1, 3, 5 year opportunity to propose back to the business
- Marketing attribution: Own and operationalize a marketing attribution framework for a growing team, including getting Exec and Finance alignment on attribution philosophy. Implement this by measuring the efficacy and performance of marketing channels (paid, organic, brand, email, chat, website (direct), social, etc). This includes collaborating with our data, engineering, marketing and Biz Ops teams to evaluate and onboard the right vendors and tools as well as daily grooming/management, i.e. ensuring accurate data flowing to and from our database
- Strategic presentations: Preparing executive-level presentations that clearly and succinctly communicate and explain the overall health and success of Homebase’s marketing efforts, from ad-hoc analytical projects to board presentations.
- People management: Managing and mentoring our marketing analyst, providing guidance, feedback, and support in their professional development
As a Homie, you are a bar raiser, this means you come with:
- 5+ years of experience in marketing analytics or related highly analytical roles, preferably in a B2B SaaS or technology-driven environment with SMB/consumer facing products
- Experience using paid marketing tools (e.g. Google Ads), marketing analytics and tracking tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager), search and SEO tools (e.g. GSC, SEMRush, Ahrefs), data visualization tools (e.g. Looker/Tableau) as well as experience with Excel/GSheets and SQL
- Deep understanding of marketing attribution models (MTA, first/last click, MMM, incrementality testing), with 2+ years of hands-on experience in measuring the efficiency of marketing activities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to effectively convey complex analyses to a broad set of people from different teams and levels
- High comfort level with building strategic decks, from formatting to storytelling with visuals and data, for an executive audience
- Experience with A/B testing, analysis, and experiment design to optimize marketing performance. Product analytics experience or past working experience with product teams preferred
- Strong understanding of marketing principles and strategies, including digital and offline marketing channels, and customer lifecycle management
- Track record of being entrepreneurial and a self-starter with high level of ownership: This is a new role; you won't have a playbook - you’ll get to build it!
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and present complex ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Resourceful, fundamentally curious and relentless in understanding the “why”. Possesses a sense of urgency in line with our value of “No Day Wasted”
- A lover of local businesses -- supporting and building great products for them
What We Offer
- Stock Options - Everyone is an Owner!
- Competitive group health benefits coverage for you and your eligible dependents
- Group Investments, TFSA as well as an RRSP plan which offers a 4% company match
- Employer supplemented Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Company-paid holidays and 20 days accrued PTO per year
- Continued learning and development stipend
- Paid parental leave after 1-year of service
- Top-of-the-line equipment and stipend for workspace setup
- Work from home days, Monday, Thursday, & Friday
- Meals provided at our vibrant workspaces
- Team offsites and monthly opportunities to engage with fellow Homie
What to Expect During the Interview Process:
- Meet the Talent Acquisition team Ivana L.
- Meet the Head of Growth Marketing Kyle
- Analytical exercise with the BizOps team Zafer Z.
- Meet the Hiring Manager Candy L.
- Meet the VP of Growth & Analytics Ray S.
- Participate in a Case Read Out
- Professional Reference Checks
- Background Check + Offer Stage
- Welcome to the team, Homie💜🎉
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Homebase
At Homebase, we take pride in fostering a welcoming space where every Homie of every gender, age, orientation, culture and walk of life can be their full selves. Diverse perspectives empower us to build the best-in-class platform for small businesses and hourly shift workers. We recognize that experience comes in many forms, so if you think you’re close to what we’re looking for (even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications), we encourage you to apply!
Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and hourly workers. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, payroll, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. Just don’t call us “Human Capital Management.” We have built tools for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on bullsh*t and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Plus Capital, and GGV Capital.
**Interview Recording Notice
By participating in interviews with Homebase, you consent to the use of Metaview, a recording and transcription tool, during the interview process. Please be aware that all interviews may be recorded and transcribed for the purpose of evaluating candidates and ensuring the quality of our recruitment process. If you do not consent to being recorded, please inform the Talent Team at the beginning of the call, and appropriate arrangements will be made to accommodate your preference. Your privacy is important to us, and the recorded interviews will only be used for internal evaluation and assessment of candidates.