University Relations & Strategy Manager, France
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
As Handshake's first French University Relations & Strategy Manager, you will play a crucial role in Handshake's expansion and success in France. You will build upon our initial success and track record to make Handshake the dominant early talent platform in France and Europe, ultimately helping to democratize access to opportunities for millions of students. This role reports directly to the Director of EDU.
Conduct market research and competitor analysis to identify opportunities and stay informed about industry trends.
Create and implement communication campaigns to increase brand visibility and inform university prospects about Handshake.
Manage and optimize digital communication channels, including website, social media, and email marketing.
Collaborate with the European GTM team to localize communication materials, ensuring they are culturally relevant and aligned with the French market.
Plan and execute events, webinars, and other communication initiatives to engage with key stakeholders
Stay up-to-date with industry developments to identify innovative opportunities for growth.
Proven experience in French higher education, ideally within career services.
Existing network among French career service decision-makers.
Knowledge of digital marketing channels, including social media, email marketing, content marketing and SEO.
Demonstrated success in developing and executing communication and marketing campaigns.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and English.
Creative thinking and ability to develop innovative communication [and marketing] strategies.
Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple initiatives and campaigns simultaneously.
Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret data, draw insights, and make data-driven decisions.
Team player with excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills.
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 750,000+ employers - from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, and nonprofits. In 2022 we announced our $200M Series F funding round. This Series F fundraise and valuation of $3.5B will fuel Handshake’s next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
When it comes to our workforce strategy, we’ve thought deeply about how work-life should look here at Handshake. With our Hub-Based Remote Working strategy, employees can enjoy the flexibility of remote work, whilst ensuring collaboration and team experiences in a shared space remains possible. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, London, and Berlin and teammates working globally.
Check out our careers site to find a hub near you!
What we offer
Benefits below apply to employees in full-time positions.
At Handshake, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
- 💰 Equity and ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 🍼 16 Weeks of paid parental leave for birth giving parents & 10 weeks of paid parental leave for non-birth giving parents.
- 💝 Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage. We also provide resources for Mental Health Assistance, Employee Assistance Programs and counseling support.
- 💻 Handshake offers $500/£360 home office stipend for you to spend during your first 3 months to create a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- 📚 Generous learning & development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- 🏦 401k Match: Handshake offers a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- 🏝 All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. In addition, we offer 8 standardized holidays, and 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off. Lastly, we have a Winter #ShakeBreak, a one-week period of Collective Time Off.
- 🏦 Pension Scheme: Handshake will provide you with a workplace pension, where you will make contributions based on 5% of your salary. Handshake will pay the equivalent of 3% towards your pension plan, subject to qualifying earnings limits.
- 🏝 Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.
For roles based in Berlin and Romania: Please ask your recruiter about region specific benefits.
Looking for more? Explore our mission, values and comprehensive US benefits at joinhandshake.com/careers.