Consumer Lifecycle Marketing Manager
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
We’re looking for a Lifecycle Marketing Specialist to drive outstanding engagement among our students and early career talent who use Handshake. You will leverage data, user insights, and an experimentation mindset to move our users from signup, through successful onboarding and retention, to finding and applying for jobs. Iterable will be your main tool, and you will own implementation and deployment of our full range of lifecycle marketing programs within it.
As our Lifecycle Marketing Specialist, you will play an important role in assisting Handshake leverage our email channel to drive key student outcomes. You’ll create and rapidly test content to increase the number of students creating a great profile, engaging with our community, and applying for jobs.
- Proactively identify new opportunities and innovative tactics to build brand awareness and user loyalty for our new zero-to-one products
- Lead the development and execution of innovative lifecycle marketing strategies, focusing on rapid testing, learning, and iteration to drive user engagement and growth
- Collaborate closely with Product and Engineering teams to implement and optimize marketing automation tools and processes
- Analyze and leverage consumer insights and feedback to create targeted marketing campaigns that resonate with our unique audience
- Drive the creation and execution of A/B tests across various channels to determine the most effective strategies for user acquisition, retention, and re-engagement
- Develop and manage key performance metrics, using data to inform and adjust strategies in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Work closely with the Design and Content teams to create engaging, brand-aligned messaging that effectively communicates the value proposition of new consumer products
- Champion a customer-centric approach, continuously seeking to understand and improve the user journey through personalized and impactful marketing interventions.
- 2+ years of experience with driving email operations and marketing
- At least 1 years of experience with Iterable
- Self-starting and entrepreneurial approach to problem solving
- Basic HTML knowledge and coding skills
- Familiarity with how to build email campaigns with dynamic or conditional content
- Strong experimentation toolkit, with experience developing and executing A/B tests
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
- Consumer content experience engaging college students or Gen Z
- Outstanding analytical skills
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
$110,000 -$120,000 Per Year
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 750,000+ employers - from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, and nonprofits. In 2022 we announced our $200M Series F funding round. This Series F fundraise and valuation of $3.5B will fuel Handshake’s next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
When it comes to our workforce strategy, we’ve thought deeply about how work-life should look here at Handshake. With our Hub-Based Remote Working strategy, employees can enjoy the flexibility of remote work, whilst ensuring collaboration and team experiences in a shared space remains possible. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, London, and Berlin and teammates working globally.
Check out our careers site to find a hub near you!
What we offer
At Handshake, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
Benefits below apply to employees in full-time positions.
- 💰 Equity and ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 🍼 16 Weeks of paid parental leave for birth giving parents & 10 weeks of paid parental leave for non-birth giving parents.
- 💝 Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage. We also provide resources for Mental Health Assistance, Employee Assistance Programs and counseling support.
- 💻 Handshake offers $500/£360 home office stipend for you to spend during your first 3 months to create a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- 📚 Generous learning & development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500/€1,850 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- 💰 Financial coaching through Origin to help you through your financial journey.
- Monthly internet stipend and a brand new MacBook to allow you to do your best work.
- 🚃 Monthly commuter stipend for you to expense your travel to the office (for office-based employees).
- 🥗 Free lunch provided twice a week across all offices.
- 🤝 Referral bonus to reward you when you bring great talent to Handshake.
(US-specific benefits, in addition to the first section)
- 🏦 401k Match: Handshake offers a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- 🏝 All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. In addition, we offer 8 standardized holidays, and 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off. Lastly, we have a Winter #ShakeBreak, a one-week period of Collective Time Off.
- 🍼 Lactation support: Handshake partners with Milk Stork to provide a comprehensive 100% employer-sponsored lactation support to traveling parents and guardians.
(UK-specific benefits, in addition to the first section)
- 🏦 Pension Scheme: Handshake will provide you with a workplace pension, where you will make contributions based on 5% of your salary. Handshake will pay the equivalent of 3% towards your pension plan, subject to qualifying earnings limits.
- 🏝 Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.
- 🤝 Regular offsites each year to bring the team together + opportunity to travel to our HQ in San Francisco.
- 🛍️ Discounts across various high street retailers, cinemas and other social activities exclusively for Handshake UK employees.
(Germany-specific benefits, in addition to the first section)
- 🏝 25 days of annual leave + we have a Winter #ShakeBreak, a one-week period of Collective Time Off across the company.
- 🤝 Regular offsites each year to bring the team together + opportunity to travel to our HQ in San Francisco once a year.
- 🧘 Urban sports club membership offering access to a diverse network of fitness and wellness facilities.
- 🛍️ Discounts across various high street retailers, cinemas and other social activities exclusively for Handshake Germany employees.
For roles based in Romania: Please ask your recruiter about region specific benefits.
Looking for more? Explore our mission, values and comprehensive US benefits at joinhandshake.com/careers.