Who we are:
K Health is a venture-backed, fast-growing start-up with a mission to use the power of shared knowledge to get everyone access to higher quality, more affordable health care. We’re looking for mission-driven individuals to join our growing team and help us eliminate healthcare inequalities and build a better, healthier future for us all.
Named as one of FastCompany's Most Innovative Health Companies of 2022 and to the 2021 CNBC Disruptor 50 list, K Health is using Artificial Intelligence (AI) to build the smartest digital healthcare platform in existence. Our data-driven app brings together the knowledge of thousands of doctors and the anonymous medical records of millions of people to help diagnose and treat what’s wrong. We offer a free symptom checker and 24/7 access to doctors to ask questions, refill prescriptions, get care for your kids, and more. Right from your phone—no insurance needed.
Since we were founded in 2016, K Health has raised over $270M in VC funding and our Series E funding round brought us to Unicorn status. Our current partners include the Mayo Clinic Platform, Anthem, and Maccabi Health Services.
About the role: #LI-Hybrid
K Health is looking for a positive and proactive lawyer and a compliance professional to join our legal team to provide expert advice and guidance to internal stakeholders and business leaders on healthcare regulatory and compliance issues and to advance and implement the Company's Compliance Program. You will serve as a strategic business partner, and legal and compliance resource to the commercial business and affiliated medical practices to ensure appropriate and compliant practices under applicable law.
The successful candidate will be an individual with experience working on a range of medico-legal compliance issues and/or with broad telehealth or virtual care regulatory experience. Experience advising on provider compliance requirements is a plus including, internal reporting and audit, vendor and downstream entity compliance, as well as state scope of practice and medical board guidelines.
The successful candidate will develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of our business, organizational structure, core business practices, policies and procedures, as these relate to healthcare compliance and ethics.
What you'll be doing:
- Responsible for the periodic review, revision, test and creation of compliance policies, procedures and monitoring to ensure they appropriately reflect legal and regulatory developments
- Substantial responsibility for ensuring appropriate processes and policies are adopted by our affiliated medical practices
- Review marketing materials, educational content, and corporate communication materials to determine compliance with applicable advertising and regulatory regulations
- Keep informed of new laws, regulations, guidelines and industry trends affecting our business and affiliated medical practice and identify any necessary changes to the compliance and ethics program and/or business operations
What we're looking for:
- Juris Doctorate from a nationally accredited law school
- 4+ years prior in-house or law firm experience providing regulatory counseling on the laws and regulations relating to healthcare providers
- Must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the legal and regulatory environment as it relates to healthcare compliance
- Collegial can-do attitude and ability to work under pressure and manage the expectations of stakeholders while exercising mature and reliable judgment in an informal and fast-paced environment
- Creative problem-solving ability with a focus on achieving stakeholder-friendly and strategic solutions while managing risks
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Strong process-orientation: has proven effectiveness in identifying, developing and implementing scalable/sustainable process and other continuous improvements to achieve organizational efficiencies and increase effectiveness
- Excellent project management skills: can prioritize multiple tasks and goals to ensure timely, on-target and within-budget accomplishments
Benefits & Perks:
- Hybrid work schedule with weekly lunches and stocked fridges
- Monthly social committees for company events
- 20 paid vacation days & 5 sick days per year
- 10+ Holidays plus 10 additional 3-day weekends per year
- Stock options for every full-time employee
- Paid parental leave
- 401k benefit
- Commuter Benefits
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance options
K Health offers competitive compensation packages along with stock options based on industry benchmarks for function, level, and geographic location. Offer amounts are determined by multiple factors such as a candidate's experience and expertise.
We’re deeply committed to building teams as diverse as the patients we serve and strive to cultivate an environment where everyone can bring their most authentic self to work. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our users.
K Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, citizenship, military or veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Something looks off?