Head of Product Design
Who we are:
K Health is a venture-backed, fast-growing start-up with a mission to use the power of shared knowledge to get everyone access to higher quality, more affordable health care. We’re looking for mission-driven individuals to join our growing team and help us eliminate healthcare inequalities and build a better, healthier future for us all.
Named as one of FastCompany's Most Innovative Health Companies of 2022 and to the 2021 CNBC Disruptor 50 list, K Health is using Artificial Intelligence (AI) to build the smartest digital healthcare platform in existence. Our data-driven app brings together the knowledge of thousands of doctors and the anonymous medical records of millions of people to help diagnose and treat what’s wrong. We offer a free symptom checker and 24/7 access to doctors to ask questions, refill prescriptions, get care for your kids, and more. Right from your phone—no insurance needed.
Since we were founded in 2016, K Health has raised over $270M in VC funding and our Series E funding round brought us to Unicorn status. Our current partners include the Mayo Clinic Platform, Anthem, and Maccabi Health Services.
About the role:
As the Head of Product Design, you'll lead our design team in creating user-centric, innovative mobile and web products across our consumer and provider platforms, helping to solve challenging problems in the healthcare industry. You'll have the opportunity to integrate innovative clinical AI into complex user workflows, improving the lives of millions of patients.
We're passionate about delivering exceptional user experiences and we're looking for a Head of Product Design who’s excited to lead our design team in creating stunning, intuitive products that transform the healthcare industry. This position reports to the VP of Product and is a highly visible, cross functional role where you’ll work with senior leaders across the entire organization.
What you'll be doing:
- Drive and execute the vision for K’s user and provider experiences in partnership with cross functional leaders across product, engineering, marketing, medical, and operations
- Lead, develop, and inspire a team of product designers, researchers, and ux writers to create exceptional product designs that not only meet business objectives but also improve patient outcomes and experiences
- Establish the design practices, processes, and principles to consistently deliver a world class experiences to K's users and providers
- Build out and evolve the cross-functional process of continuous discovery, user research, and usability testing
- Conduct research and analysis to understand patient and provider needs and preferences, and use insights to inform product design decisions that improve healthcare outcomes.
- Influence and evangelize a great design culture as well as a highly collaborative environment throughout the organization
- Bring a passion for the end user, both consumers and providers, transforming the healthcare experience by creating design solutions that improve communication and streamline processes for patients and providers
- Stay up-to-date with emerging design trends, tools, and technologies and make recommendations for incorporating them into the design process to ensure we continue to innovate and stay ahead of the curve.
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years of experience designing exceptional, engaging, and user-centered web and mobile experiences for both consumers and internal teams with a successful track record of impacting business deliverables
- 5+ years of management experience, including experience leading design and user research teams within a cross functional organization
- A product design portfolio that demonstrates a user-centered design approach, exceptional problem-solving skills, and a deep understanding of mobile and web design best practices.
- Experience designing in native mobile (iOS and Android), React, having worked on apps with 1M+ users
- Experience building component libraries for white label applications
- Strong communication skills, you are able to speak fluently to product managers, designers, engineers, senior leadership and other key partners
- You are a leader with extensive experience mentoring, coaching, and teaching the craft of design to your team. You have experience building and growing a team while maintaining a great culture and are willing and able to be hands on as needed
- Experience creating strategic & scalable design processes and systems in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working in spaces with significant ambiguity, leading product discovery, and taking new products to market
- Track record of effectively aligning engineering practices with organizational strategy to deliver business results
- Substantial experience working across the end-to-end design process, with a particular strength in turning user research into thoughtful UX
Benefits & Perks: #LI-Hybrid
- Hybrid work schedule with weekly lunches and stocked fridges
- Monthly social committees for company events
- 20 paid vacation days & 5 sick days per year
- 10+ Holidays plus 10 additional 3-day weekends per year
- Stock options for every full-time employee
- Paid parental leave
- 401k benefit
- Commuter Benefits
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance options
K Health offers competitive compensation packages along with stock options based on industry benchmarks for function, level, and geographic location. Offer amounts are determined by multiple factors such as a candidate's experience and expertise.
We’re deeply committed to building teams as diverse as the patients we serve and strive to cultivate an environment where everyone can bring their most authentic self to work. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our users.
K Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, citizenship, military or veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Something looks off?