Director, Clinical Program Development
Who we are:
K Health is a venture-backed, fast-growing start-up with a mission to use the power of shared knowledge to get everyone access to higher quality, more affordable health care. We’re looking for mission-driven individuals to join our growing team and help us eliminate healthcare inequalities and build a better, healthier future for us all.
Named as one of FastCompany's Most Innovative Health Companies of 2022 and to the 2021 CNBC Disruptor 50 list, K Health is using Artificial Intelligence (AI) to build the smartest digital healthcare platform in existence. Our data-driven app brings together the knowledge of thousands of doctors and the anonymous medical records of millions of people to help diagnose and treat what’s wrong. We offer a free symptom checker and 24/7 access to doctors to ask questions, refill prescriptions, get care for your kids, and more. Right from your phone—no insurance needed.
Since we were founded in 2016, K Health has raised over $270M in VC funding and our Series E funding round brought us to Unicorn status. Our current partners include the Mayo Clinic Platform, Anthem, and Maccabi Health Services.
About the role:
As the Director of Clinical Program Development you will own the clinical strategies that operate K Health’s service lines. You will implement cross-functional processes across the organization to ensure continuous innovation and delivery of excellent performance outcomes for our patients.
This role revolves around deeply understanding the user, setting clinical and product requirements, and harmonizing user needs with K’s business plan. You will work to ensure practice facilitation optimizes for quality and efficiency that exceed expectations and set us apart from the rest.
What you'll be doing:
- Play a prominent role in shaping the vision of clinical programs and bringing them to life, serving as the expert in design and development
- Collaborate closely with Medical, Product, Customer Support, Operations, and Analytics teams to develop a strategy for high-fidelity programs and execute a plan that meets business needs and serves our patients
- Intimately understand the user, product and business goals to evaluate opportunities for process improvement and effectively advance the company’s vision
- Oversee clinical operations within clinical programs, using data-based problem solving techniques to improve processes and outcomes, and build and run experiments to test new delivery enhancements and solutions
- Provide coordination and leadership in the execution of day to day program activities, as appropriate to program objectives and areas of expertise
- Plan, develop, and maintain departmental standard operating procedures
- Ensure that all clinical initiatives run according to organizational policies and in accordance with any government or regulatory requirements as applicable
- Analyze, monitor, and document performance metrics to ensure we are learning and improving
- Evaluate and communicate product and care delivery performance to stakeholders;
- Coordinate and direct clinical program in-service trainings
- Be an active member of every new product launch, lending guidance on operational efficiencies
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years of related healthcare experience, with at least 7 years of experience in clinical program design and development
- Experience with health plans in an enterprise capacity
- Strong business analysis skill set, with the ability to break down problems, conduct research and propose solutions
- Experience in valued-based care and a team-based care delivery model
- Knowledge of performance improvement methods such as Root Cause Analysis, Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma, Rapid Cycle PDSA, GAP Analysis, and Reengineering
- Detail-oriented, with a program engineering or healthcare consulting mindset
- Strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional team members, driving significant, company-wide impact
- Proven success in high-growth, early and mid-stage organizations
- Proven ability to translate clinical and business priorities into delivery initiatives with metrics to support and track success
- A team player who acts with a sense of urgency and adapts to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Resourceful and takes initiative to seek internal and external resources when problem solving - no job is beneath you and you lead from the front
- Out of the box thinker - always willing to experiment, despite the possibility of failure, and navigates problems with data-driven solutions
Benefits & Perks: #LI-Hybrid
- Hybrid work schedule with weekly lunches and stocked fridges
- Monthly social committees for company events
- 20 paid vacation days & 5 sick days per year
- 10+ Holidays plus 10 additional 3-day weekends per year
- Stock options for every full-time employee
- Paid parental leave
- 401k benefit
- Commuter Benefits
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance options
K Health offers competitive compensation packages along with stock options based on industry benchmarks for function, level, and geographic location. Offer amounts are determined by multiple factors such as a candidate's experience and expertise.
We’re deeply committed to building teams as diverse as the patients we serve and strive to cultivate an environment where everyone can bring their most authentic self to work. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our users.
K Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, citizenship, military or veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.