Staff Android Engineer
Who we are:
K Health is a venture-backed, fast-growing start-up with a mission to use the power of shared knowledge to get everyone access to higher quality, more affordable health care. We’re looking for mission-driven individuals to join our growing team and help us eliminate healthcare inequalities and build a better, healthier future for us all.
Named as one of FastCompany's Most Innovative Health Companies of 2022 and to the 2021 CNBC Disruptor 50 list, K Health is using Artificial Intelligence (AI) to build the smartest digital healthcare platform in existence. Our data-driven app brings together the knowledge of thousands of doctors and the anonymous medical records of millions of people to help diagnose and treat what’s wrong. We offer a free symptom checker and 24/7 access to doctors to ask questions, refill prescriptions, get care for your kids, and more. Right from your phone—no insurance needed.
Since we were founded in 2016, K Health has raised over $270M in VC funding and our Series E funding round brought us to Unicorn status. Our current partners include the Mayo Clinic Platform, Anthem, and Maccabi Health Services.
About the role:
Join our mission as a Staff Android Engineer that will lead our Android mobile strategy as we build new applications and experiences aimed at revolutionizing healthcare for the better. By regularly shipping a variety of products, you will directly and meaningfully impact the experience of millions of people. With an engaged community of users, you'll then have opportunities to improve your work based on the feedback and data you've collected to help measure your success. We believe in constantly evolving and improving through user research, testing, iteration, and experimentation.
We are seeking Android engineers who have significant experience building robust mobile applications from the ground-up with attention to accessibility, maintainability, and efficiency. As an experienced Android engineer seeking an opportunity to help shape the future of one of the world's largest digital healthcare platforms, we hope you'll consider joining K Health!
What you'll be doing:
- Lead architecture and design of features, from conception to launch
- Collaborate with product designers, product managers, and other software engineers to deliver excellent user experiences with high quality
- Work with team members to investigate design approaches, prototype technology and evaluate technical feasibility
- Make critical engineering decisions considering risks, trade offs, and alternative solutions
- Spearhead investigations, production issues and bugs
- Identify tech debt before it becomes an issue and work with team to prioritize it appropriately
- Mentor other mobile engineers and improve engineering processes to increase team effectiveness
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years experience developing, releasing, and maintaining customer-facing Android applications
- Proficiency with Kotlin, Android Studio, Gradle, and Dagger
- Experience writing testable code and automating test regressions
- Experience with REST architecture for web services
- Knowledge full software development life cycle best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Strong problem solving and analytical/reasoning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in mobile design patterns (MVVM, MVI, VIPER), building mobile frameworks / SDKs, building custom UX widgets and optimizing apps for performance
- Experience with automated mobile build / release pipelines, multi-module application development
- Experience with embedded databases
Benefits & Perks: #LI-Hybrid
- Hybrid work schedule with weekly lunches and stocked fridges
- Monthly social committees for company events
- 20 paid vacation days & 5 sick days per year
- 10+ Holidays plus 10 additional 3-day weekends per year
- Stock options for every full-time employee
- Paid parental leave
- 401k benefit
- Commuter Benefits
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance options
K Health offers competitive compensation packages along with stock options based on industry benchmarks for function, level, and geographic location. Offer amounts are determined by multiple factors such as a candidate's experience and expertise.
We’re deeply committed to building teams as diverse as the patients we serve and strive to cultivate an environment where everyone can bring their most authentic self to work. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our users.
K Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, citizenship, military or veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.