Staff Software Engineer
Who we are:
K Health is a venture-backed, fast-growing start-up with a mission to use the power of shared knowledge to get everyone access to higher quality, more affordable health care. We’re looking for mission-driven individuals to join our growing team and help us eliminate healthcare inequalities and build a better, healthier future for us all.
Named as one of FastCompany's Most Innovative Health Companies of 2022 and to the 2021 CNBC Disruptor 50 list, K Health is using Artificial Intelligence (AI) to build the smartest digital healthcare platform in existence. Our data-driven app brings together the knowledge of thousands of doctors and the anonymous medical records of millions of people to help diagnose and treat what’s wrong. We offer a free symptom checker and 24/7 access to doctors to ask questions, refill prescriptions, get care for your kids, and more. Right from your phone—no insurance needed.
Since we were founded in 2016, K Health has raised over $270M in VC funding and our Series E funding round brought us to Unicorn status. Our current partners include the Mayo Clinic Platform, Anthem, and Maccabi Health Services.
About the role:
Join our mission as a Staff Software Engineer that will lead development and delivery of new features aimed at revolutionizing healthcare for the better. By regularly shipping a variety of products, from small internal tools to large-scale web applications, you will directly and meaningfully impact the experience of millions of people. With an engaged community of users, you'll then have opportunities to improve your work based on the feedback and data you've collected to help measure your success. We believe in constantly evolving and improving through user research, testing, iteration, and experimentation.
K Health is seeking engineers who have significant experience working on highly-scalable, distributed systems, building robust services that interface with internal and external service providers, and consuming/instrumenting big data for analytics and reporting. As an experienced engineer seeking an opportunity to help shape the future of one of the world's largest digital healthcare platforms, we hope you'll consider joining K Health!
What you'll do:
- Lead design and implementation of technical solutions for various initiatives, ensuring the system design meets scalability, performance, and security requirements
- Collaborate with product designers, product managers, and other software engineers to deliver customer facing features with high quality
- Work with team members to investigate design approaches, prototype technology and evaluate technical feasibility
- Make critical engineering decisions considering risks, trade offs, and alternative solutions
- Drive continuous improvement in our software and development process within an agile development team
- Write automated unit and integrations test as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines, with a focus on DevOps and robust automation
- Spearhead investigations, production issues and bugs
- Identify tech debt before it becomes an issue and work with team to prioritize it appropriately
- Mentor other engineers and improve engineering processes to increase team effectiveness
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years of software engineering experience building web/backend systems
- Experience in designing and developing services with APIs that are efficient, well-tested, and easy to maintain
- Experience with building APIs, ideally using GraphQL and Apollo Federation
- Extensive GraphQL experience and knowledge of best practices
- Proficiency in NodeJS and Typescript, experience with modern service frameworks such as NestJS and ExpressJS
- Experience with modern cloud technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, GCP/AWS suite
- Knowledge of full software development life cycle best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
- Strong problem solving and analytical/reasoning skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-driven, ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to deliver with little supervision
- Experience with Python service development and Fast API framework
- Experience with FHIR
- Experience in building mobile applications
- Mentoring skills
Benefits & Perks: #LI-Hybrid
- Hybrid work schedule with weekly lunches and stocked fridges
- Monthly social committees for company events
- 20 paid vacation days & 5 sick days per year
- 10+ Holidays plus 10 additional 3-day weekends per year
- Stock options for every full-time employee
- Paid parental leave
- 401k benefit
- Commuter Benefits
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance options
K Health offers competitive compensation packages along with stock options based on industry benchmarks for function, level, and geographic location. Offer amounts are determined by multiple factors such as a candidate's experience and expertise.
We’re deeply committed to building teams as diverse as the patients we serve and strive to cultivate an environment where everyone can bring their most authentic self to work. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our users.
K Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, citizenship, military or veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.