Senior iOS Engineer
Who we are:
K Health is venture-backed, fast-growing startup with a mission to use the power of Artificial Intelligence (AI) to get everyone access to higher quality healthcare at more affordable costs. We’re looking for mission driven individuals to join our team and help us eliminate healthcare inequalities to build a better and healthier future.
Featured most recently in Forbes and Business Insider as a leading AI startup, K Health is a telehealth company that harnesses the power of technology to help provide the smartest digital healthcare platform to patients, hospital systems, and providers across the United States. Our AI powered application helps bring together the knowledge of thousands of doctors and anonymous medical data to provide the highest quality care to our patients. We offer a free symptom checker, 24/7 access to board-certified doctors, ability to refill prescriptions from your phone, and more. All within one application - no insurance or preauthorization required.
K Health was founded in 2016, and has partnered with visionary and leading hospital systems and providers such as Cedars-Sinai, Mayo Clinic, and Elevance Health. Join us on our mission to help provide better healthcare for less.
About the role:
Join our mission as a Senior iOS Engineer that will lead our iOS mobile strategy as we build new applications and experiences aimed at revolutionizing healthcare for the better. By regularly shipping a variety of products, you will directly and meaningfully impact the experience of millions of people. With an engaged community of users, you'll then have opportunities to improve your work based on the feedback and data you've collected to help measure your success. We believe in constantly evolving and improving through user research, testing, iteration, and experimentation.
We are seeking iOS engineers who have significant experience building robust mobile applications from the ground-up with attention to accessibility, maintainability, and efficiency. As an experienced iOS engineer seeking an opportunity to help shape the future of one of the world's largest digital healthcare platforms, we hope you'll consider joining K Health!
What you'll be doing:
- Lead architecture and design of features, from conception to launch
- Collaborate with product designers, product managers, and other software engineers to deliver excellent user experiences with high quality
- Work with team members to investigate design approaches, prototype technology and evaluate technical feasibility
- Make critical engineering decisions considering risks, trade offs, and alternative solutions
- Spearhead investigations, production issues and bugs
- Identify tech debt before it becomes an issue and work with the team to prioritize it appropriately
- Mentor other mobile engineers and improve engineering processes to increase team effectiveness
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years experience developing, releasing, and maintaining customer-facing iOS applications
- Proficiency in Swift 5.0+, SwiftUI, and the latest UIKit / Foundation Frameworks
- Experience with Cocoa, Objective-C and declarative UI frameworks
- Experience writing testable code and automating test regressions
- Experience with REST architecture for web services
- Knowledge full software development life cycle best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
- Strong problem solving and analytical/reasoning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in mobile design patterns (MVVM, MVI, VIPER), building mobile frameworks / SDKs, building custom UX widgets and optimizing apps for performance
- Experience with automated mobile build / release pipelines, multi-module application development
- Experience with embedded databases
Benefits & Perks: #LI-Hybrid
- Hybrid work schedule with weekly lunches and stocked fridges
- Monthly social committees for company events
- 20 paid vacation days & 5 sick days per year
- 10+ Holidays plus additional 3-day weekends per year
- Stock options for every full-time employee
- Paid parental leave
- 401k benefit
- Commuter Benefits
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance options
We offer competitive compensation packages along with stock options based on industry benchmarks for function, level, and geographic location. Offer amounts are determined by multiple factors such as a candidate's experience and expertise.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, citizenship, military or veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. We’re deeply committed to building teams as diverse as the patients we serve and strive to cultivate an environment where everyone can bring their most authentic self to work. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our users.
We are committed to maintaining the integrity of our hiring process and ensuring a safe environment for all candidates. All communication for job offers from K Health will come from email addresses ending in @khealth.com. K Health will never ask you to provide financial information about yourself during the recruitment process. We will never use personal email accounts or other domains for official correspondence. Our official job postings are only listed on our official website and reputable job boards. Be cautious of job offers from sources other than these platforms.