Director of Engineering
Who we are:
K Health is venture-backed, fast-growing startup with a mission to use the power of Artificial Intelligence (AI) to get everyone access to higher quality healthcare at more affordable costs. We’re looking for mission driven individuals to join our team and help us eliminate healthcare inequalities to build a better and healthier future.
Featured most recently in Forbes and Business Insider as a leading AI startup, K Health is a telehealth company that harnesses the power of technology to help provide the smartest digital healthcare platform to patients, hospital systems, and providers across the United States. Our AI powered application helps bring together the knowledge of thousands of doctors and anonymous medical data to provide the highest quality care to our patients. We offer a free symptom checker, 24/7 access to board-certified doctors, ability to refill prescriptions from your phone, and more. All within one application - no insurance or preauthorization required.
K Health was founded in 2016, and has partnered with visionary and leading hospital systems and providers such as Cedars-Sinai, Mayo Clinic, and Elevance Health. Join us on our mission to help provide better healthcare for less.
About the role:
This a hybrid position with office days Tuesday through Thursday. You will help scale and lead our global team of engineers and you will play a proactive role in defining technical strategies. You will be highly involved with major architectural and strategic decisions around the growth and evolution of our team. You will provide career development, coaching, and mentorship to the members of your teams and cultivate emerging leaders. You will work closely with product management and other leadership to ensure that the engineering efforts are aligned with the company’s objectives and product features are delivered successfully.
What you'll do:
- Eager to solve unique and highly complex technical problems, in a large scale environment.
- Interested in indirectly influencing beyond functional boundaries, with product managers, test engineers, doctors and data scientists.
- Can drive feature development end to end and collaborate with other team members on delivery on a daily basis.
- Interested in new technologies and tools, and love maintaining coding patterns and best practices.
- Provide thought leadership across multiple engineering, product, and business planning teams to ensure we are building a scalable software product
- Build and foster a culture of engineering excellence and accountability capable of producing best-in-class engineering products with a focus on team, quality, agility, trust, and timely delivery
- Drive modern engineering principles and strong development practices by implementing relevant techniques, processes, and best practices
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years of software engineering experience building backend systems
- 6+ years of experience managing and directing distributed engineering teams
- You are committed to raising the bar and developing engineers.
- Experienced in designing and developing services using Python, NodeJS, React or React Native.
- Experienced with public cloud such as GCP/AWS
- Self driven, autodidact.
- Great communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
- SaaS experience a huge plus
- Any experience with Docker, Kubernetes or similar technologies is a huge plus
Benefits & Perks: #LI-Hybrid
- Hybrid work schedule with weekly lunches and stocked fridges
- Monthly social committees for company events
- 20 paid vacation days, 5 sick days per year, and 10+ holidays
- Stock options for every full-time employee
- Paid parental leave
- 401k benefit
- Commuter Benefits
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance options
We offer competitive compensation packages along with stock options based on industry benchmarks for function, level, and geographic location. Offer amounts are determined by multiple factors such as a candidate's experience and expertise.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, citizenship, military or veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. We’re deeply committed to building teams as diverse as the patients we serve and strive to cultivate an environment where everyone can bring their most authentic self to work. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our users.
We are committed to maintaining the integrity of our hiring process and ensuring a safe environment for all candidates. All communication for job offers from K Health will come from email addresses ending in @khealth.com. K Health will never ask you to provide financial information about yourself during the recruitment process. We will never use personal email accounts or other domains for official correspondence. Our official job postings are only listed on our official website and reputable job boards. Be cautious of job offers from sources other than these platforms.