Medical Science Lead
Who we are:
K Health is venture-backed, fast-growing startup with a mission to use the power of Artificial Intelligence (AI) to get everyone access to higher quality healthcare at more affordable costs. We’re looking for mission driven individuals to join our team and help us eliminate healthcare inequalities to build a better and healthier future.
Featured most recently in Forbes and Business Insider as a leading AI startup, K Health is a telehealth company that harnesses the power of technology to help provide the smartest digital healthcare platform to patients, hospital systems, and providers across the United States. Our AI powered application helps bring together the knowledge of thousands of doctors and anonymous medical data to provide the highest quality care to our patients. We offer a free symptom checker, 24/7 access to board-certified doctors, ability to refill prescriptions from your phone, and more. All within one application - no insurance or preauthorization required.
K Health was founded in 2016, and has partnered with visionary and leading hospital systems and providers such as Cedars-Sinai, Mayo Clinic, and Elevance Health. Join us on our mission to help provide better healthcare for less.
About the role:
As the Medical Science Lead at K Health, you will play a pivotal role in bridging the gap between medical expertise and data science to develop advanced AI-based diagnosis models.
This position requires a qualified medical doctor with a passion for technology and a keen interest in improving healthcare through innovation.
What you'll be doing:
- Collaboration with Data Science Teams: Work closely with the data science teams to translate medical knowledge into actionable insights for the development of AI-based diagnosis models and provide medical expertise to guide the design, development, and validation of algorithms.
- Leadership of Annotation Team: Lead a group of medical professionals in analyzing, annotating, and generating high-quality medical data while fostering a collaborative and innovative environment within the medical team.
- Model Development: Contribute to the creation and enhancement of medical models by combining clinical knowledge with data science methodologies.
- Cross-Functional Work: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate medical insights into AI algorithms for accurate and reliable diagnoses.
- Quality Assurance: Ensure the accuracy and clinical relevance of AI models by overseeing the annotation and analysis processes and implement quality assurance protocols to uphold the highest standards in medical data annotation.
What we're looking for:
- Medical degree and active medical license.
- Experience in clinical practice and a strong understanding of medical diagnostics.
- Previous experience in healthtech, telemedicine, or AI in healthcare.
- Coding skills in Python and SQL is preferred
Benefits & Perks: #LI-Hybrid
- 18 paid vacation days, 18 days sick leave, and 2 additional PTO days
- 9 company holidays and 6 3-day weekends
- Hybrid work schedule with team meals and stocked fridges
- Commuter Benefits
- Community focused events
- Pension Plan
- Stipend per day for food
- Stock options for every full-time employee
- Vocational Studies Fund
We offer competitive compensation packages along with stock options based on industry benchmarks for function, level, and geographic location. Offer amounts are determined by multiple factors such as a candidate's experience and expertise.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, citizenship, military or veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. We’re deeply committed to building teams as diverse as the patients we serve and strive to cultivate an environment where everyone can bring their most authentic self to work. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our users.
We are committed to maintaining the integrity of our hiring process and ensuring a safe environment for all candidates. All communication for job offers from K Health will come from email addresses ending in @khealth.com. K Health will never ask you to provide financial information about yourself during the recruitment process. We will never use personal email accounts or other domains for official correspondence. Our official job postings are only listed on our official website and reputable job boards. Be cautious of job offers from sources other than these platforms.