Director of Marketing, EMEA
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Sunday, April 16, 2023
Are you ready to power the World's connections?
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
About the role:
This role is a critical component to our EMEA go to market strategy and one that will help continue to accelerate the tremendous adoption we have seen across this market. This role partners directly with the VP of EMEA, our professional services' team as well as cross functionally with our teams back in San Francisco. This role requires the type of person who can think strategically across a complex region while also jumping in and executing the plan. This is not strictly a strategic leadership role. The right person will want to jump in and run an event, get on a customer call with a sales rep, help set up an executive briefing dinner, etc... Basically this person has to not only be willing, but be excited to do whatever it takes to support their internal and external customers.
Why should you want to work at Kong?
Market Opportunity - We are on a quest to build a $10b+ software company over the next few years and need YOUR help!
Why APIs Matter? APIs have been enabling innovation for decades!
Strong VC team, Series D, strong year over year revenue growth!
Technical Leadership - We are recognized as the leader in innovation in the connectivity space.
Marco, our CTO/co-founder - “We are the Cisco of L4 and L7” - CUBE Conversation, March 2021
We are the leading innovator in the connectivity space!
Amazing Team & Culture - Come be a "Konger" and find out what we mean.
Great Place to Work Certified in 2020 & 2021
Kong employees exemplify our culture at our 2022 Sales Kickoff
Building Great Products - Learn why the world's largest companies love our tech!
Over 250m+ downloads of our open source API gateway! Over 40k+ stars on Github between Kong API and Kong Insomnia!
- Own, define & drive the EMEA regional marketing strategy, working both with CMO and head of revenue marketing and EMEA head of sales.
- Develop, & drive execution of data-driven, customer obsessed campaigns across all channels in EMEA.
- Achieve Interlock with regional field sales leaders to ensure ongoing agreement on priorities. Become the go to person for everything pipeline generation and maturation with the EMEA sales leadership.
- Collaborate with corporate marketing functions to help design and execute programs that deliver measurable results supporting EMEA sales growth objectives.
- Develop a strategy to provide and scale the localization and regional implementation of global GTM campaigns.
- Partner and work hand in hand with the EMEA sales development team to develop and execute effective inbound/outbound strategies.
- Understand sales strategies at the regional level and develop tailored but aligned pipeline generation plans based on selected target accounts, salesplay and marketing mix of activities.
- Design and collaborate with marketing ops to develop an EMEA revenue marketing dashboard that drives fast and strategic decisions on pipeline generation directions.
Who you are:
- 10+ years experience in marketing with a minimum 8+ years in B2B marketing required; specific expertise in software and SaaS/subscription models strongly preferred.
- Analytical and metrics driven, with a desire to launch, learn, and iterate to continually improve programs.
- Grit, flexibility, and excitement to be in a player-coach role.
- Exceptionally strong writing, presentation and verbal communications skills, with the ability to clearly and simply articulate concepts, messages and strategies.
- Proficiency with marketing automation platforms (Marketo, 6sense, etc).
- Experience with SFDC, running reports, campaign management, SiriusDecisions best practices and lead management.
- Enterprise and Commercial segment experience; Industry marketing experience preferred
- Ability to work across the organization, especially with sales, at all levels to strategize and execute on all marketing programs.
- Passion for results, measurement and optimization to continuously drive ROI
- GREAT attention to detail, highly organized yet able to see the “big picture”
- Ability to handle moving parts, switch gears quickly, and juggle many projects at the same time
- Engaging and outgoing personality
- Fast learner that proactively tackles challenges
- Strong work ethic, sense of urgency and desire to succeed
- Team player
- Must be a good problem solver and an intuitive thinker
- Ability to travel up to 50% (in the future)
What is a Konger?
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
Be an Owner. We are drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.
Kong is THE cloud native API platform with the fastest, most adopted API gateway in the world (over 300m downloads!). Loved by developers and trusted with enterprises’ most critical traffic volumes, Kong helps startups and Fortune 500 companies build with confidence – allowing them to bring solutions to market faster with API and service connectivity that scales easily and securely.
83% of web traffic today is API calls! APIs are the connective tissue of the cloud and the underlying technology that allows software to talk and interact with one another. Therefore, we believe that APIs act as the nervous system of the cloud. Our audacious mission is to build the nervous system that will safely and reliably connect all of humankind!
For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
See more open positions at Kong
Something looks off?