EMEA Customer Success Manager
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
Europe · Middle East · Africa
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
Are you ready to power the World's connections?
About The Role:
You will be working at a dynamic and fast paced start-up as a member of the Customer Experience (CX) team. You will be enabling Customers to leverage APIs and microservices to drive their business initiatives in one of the most exciting and innovative technology domains in the industry. This team is responsible for interfacing with our customers throughout their lifecycle helping them realize the value of their Kong investment.
As a member of the CX team you will act as a champion for our most critical asset, our customers. You will be working with a portfolio of Commercial customers seeking to identify growth opportunities and ensuring they have what they need to be successful. In this role you will work alongside the EMEA Commercial sales team and will have the opportunity to build a large portfolio of Customers.
This is an incredibly exciting and challenging role at the forefront of technology, requiring someone with very strong organizational and communication skills. You will not only be building strong relationships with key customers, you will be pioneering the approach to managing customers by leveraging self service technology and re-usable assets to maximize the value Kong can provide.
Working at Kong presents a unique opportunity to help to modernize enterprise software and learn about how businesses run in the digital age.
Above all you’ll be acting as a stellar teammate for the rest of Kong.
Why should you want to work at Kong?
Market Opportunity - We are on a quest to build a $10b+ software company over the next few years and need YOUR help!
- APIs are driving innovation across every industry!
- Strong VC team, Series D, strong year over year revenue growth!
Technical Leadership - We are recognized as the leader in innovation in the connectivity space.
- Marco, our CTO/co-founder - “We are the Cisco of L4 and L7” - CUBE Conversation, March 2021
- We are the leading innovator in the connectivity space!
Amazing Team & Culture - Come be a "Konger" and find out what we mean.
- Great Place to Work Certified in 2020 & 2021
- Kong employees discuss our culture at our 2020 Company Kickoff
Building Great Products - Learn why the world's largest companies love our tech!
What you'll be doing
- Coaching our customers throughout their lifecycle while working collaboratively with the rest of the Customer Experience teams to ensure customer outcomes
- Defining what ‘good’ looks like in terms of adoption plans, post-sales engagement, what is recommended and why
- Working with Sales and Product teams to ensure our customers are getting the most out of the solution
- Help innovate our tooling and processes to make you and your team more efficient Work on innovative and cutting edge customer projects
- Learning our products and technologies, taking that knowledge and applying it to real world usage
- Collaborating with other peers, business partners and groups. Representing not only yourself and the rest of your team but all of Kong and other exciting tasks you may identify to grow our company
The successful candidate will:
- Have a builder’s mentality, seeking to find solutions to complex problems that will make life better for our customers and Kong
- Manage a portfolio of commercial customers, looking for patterns that can be addressed through an automated approach using the latest customer engagement techniques
- Have passion and determination about our technology and our customers
- Be a self starter with strong organizational skills to drive effective customer outcomes
- Have a good understanding of complex technology environments
- Have great self awareness and strong communication skills
- Ideally have prior experience of a similar role within SaaS, Open Source and/or Infrastructure software companies
What is a Konger?
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
Be an Owner. We are drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong’s service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.