Staff Field Engineer - EMEA
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2023
Are you ready to power the World's connections?
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong’s service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
Follow us on LinkedIn for more “Life at Kong” nuggets! 2020 Kong Summit Highlight Video
About this Role:
You will be working at a fast paced Startup as a member of the Field Engineering team. This team is responsible for interfacing with our customers on billable projects as well as producing tooling, white papers and other marketing content.
As a member of the Field Engineering team you will act as a pathfinder for our largest and most critical customers. Helping establish, implement and customize API Connectivity platforms that process hundreds of billions of transactions globally.
In this role you will have the opportunity to interface with everyone in the customer environment from Developers to Executives and represent Kong culture and values everyday.
This is one of the most technically challenging roles in the industry, and working at Kong presents a unique opportunity to combine that challenge with helping to modernize enterprise software and learn about how businesses run in the digital age.
Above all you’ll be acting as a stellar teammate for the rest of Kong.
What you'll be doing:
- Working with a diverse team of people from all over the world
- Work on innovative and cutting edge customer projects
- Help innovate our tooling and processes to make you and your team more efficient Learning our products and technologies, taking that knowledge and applying it to real world usage
- Collaborating with other peers, business partners and groups. Representing not only yourself and the rest of your team but all of Kong
- Defining what ‘good’ looks like in terms of production deployments, what is recommended and why
- Working with Sales and Product teams to ensure our customers are getting the most out of the solution
- You will be leading customer discussions and small scale projects
- And any additional tasks required by manager
What you'll bring:
- Passion and determination about technology
- Enjoy working with others and collaborating
- Self awareness and strong communication skills are a must
- 5+ years of relevant technical experience required
- Practical working knowledge of API’s and microservices architectures
- Proficient in Linux environments including Cloud and Development tooling
- Ability to travel to customer and Kong locations as-needed (post COVID)
- Experience with application development is highly preferred
- Candidates with prior experience in Open Source and/or infrastructure software companies will be given preference
What is a Konger? (see our company values below…). We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
Global - We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger. We seek to understand different points of view and their implications on work.
Real - We are genuine, principled and confident without an attitude. We seek to understand our own strengths and vulnerabilities. We understand the effect of external factors on ourselves and we manage our own emotions and understand the effect they have on other people.
Unstoppable - We are biased towards action and decision, we persevere and always go the extra mile. We understand how to prioritize and work with urgency and focus. We are self-motivated and exhibit a high personal drive.
Champion - We listen and speak up for customers, community, partners and each other. We have an ability to provide feedback that is specific, constructive and fact-based. We listen, are able to receive feedback without taking it personally and we look at our own performance in order to improve.
Explorer - We challenge the status quo by discovering, innovating, failing fast and learning. We are self-directing and use creativity when solving problems that may be complex and ambiguous. We are adaptable, able to navigate and solve problems, especially in times of rapid change and high-ambiguity.