Commercial Account Executive - India
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2023
Are you ready to power the World's connections?
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced sales professional, ideally with open source experience who will be selling into commercial and mid-market accounts. The ideal candidate has been a part of the sales efforts for other early-stage enterprise products in an entrepreneurial setting. The Commercial Account Executive will be integral to our growth plan and in acquiring new customers. Kong’s Commercial Account Executive will be the primary point of contact and the face of Kong for our prospects.
The role can be based in Bangalore, Mumbai or New Delhi.
Why should you want to work at Kong?
Market Opportunity - We are on a quest to build a $10b+ software company over the next few years and need YOUR help!
- APIs are driving innovation across every industry!
- Strong VC team, Series D, strong year-over-year revenue growth!
Technical Leadership - We are recognized as the leader in innovation in the connectivity space.
- Marco, our CTO/co-founder - “We are the Cisco of L4 and L7” - CUBE Conversation, March 2021
- We are the leading innovator in the connectivity space!
Amazing Team & Culture - Come be a "Konger" and find out what we mean.
- Great Place to Work Certified in 2020 & 2021
- Kong employees discuss our culture at our 2020 Company Kickoff
Building Great Products - Learn why the world's largest companies love our tech!
What you'll be doing:
- Sell Kong Enterprise Platform to allocated customer segments by developing and executing a pipeline generation strategy that will create a viable and long-term pipeline.
- Meet individual quotas and objectives.
- Responsible for assigned territory account planning and forecasting.
- Take ownership of your book of business, which includes understanding and documenting the buying criteria and process, determining the appropriate motion and patterns, ensuring pipeline accuracy based on evidence, and working the leads to closure.
- Provide account leadership and direction in the pre-and post-sales process and contribute to the analysis of wins/losses.
- Represent Kong in the most professional manner and support our customers to the best of your ability.
- Ability to travel to customer sites as required.
- And any additional tasks required by the manager.
What you'll bring:
- A true desire to see customers benefit from their investment with Kong.
- 2 years or more of experience in direct sales experience selling enterprise software to small to mid-size enterprises with open source, APIs, or infrastructure software.
- Effective communicator and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent negotiation, presentation and closing skills.
- Strong background in territory planning and revenue generated from outbound pipelines.
- You have a measurable track record in new business development and over-achieving sales targets.
- Knowledge of MEDDIC or other sales methodologies.
- Experience in selling SaaS solutions is a plus.
- Experience with fast-growing startups is a plus.
- A top performer with 2 years or more of experience hunting and closing net new logos.
- Experienced with creatively sourcing companies.
- You have previously worked in an early-stage company and you know how to navigate and be successful in a fast-growing organization.
- Motivated, collaborative, driven and results-oriented.
What is a Konger?
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
Be an Owner. We are drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong’s service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.